About & Pics
Gender Wayang is a 10-key metallophone, coming in pairs, most be doubled from an other pair one octave higher, tuned in Slendro scale. As Gender Wayang is played with two panggul (mallets) - other than the Gangsa in Gong Kebyar - two player together play the melody (left hand) and the interlocking parts kotekan (right hand) as a complete „mini“ Gamelan.
Gamelan Gender is intended as a practicing tool. Play the polos part, while Gamelan Gender plays the sangsih, loop parts to memorize, generate your own songs as midi file in a sequencing program, import it into Gamelan Gender. Its keys can be tuned, to match your real instruments - this is important, as every set of Gender Wayang has its own tuning.
Comes with 8 original songs (gending) and a Gender Wayang and a Gangsa Pelog tuning.
• MIDI file player
• Animated keys for „traditional" learning
• Sound bank sampled from real instruments
• Keys assignable to midi notes (adjust to your MIDI file)
• Tune it to your real instruments
• Mathematical tuning system, only 5 keys have to be defined
• Calculated tuning can be overwritten, and each of the 40 keys frequency can be defined
• Loop parts for practicing, increase/decrease tempo on every re-loop
• Set proportional tempo changes for different parts...
• Change tuning to pelog scale and use it for Gong Kebyar practicing as well, create your own 10 key tunings....
Releasing new versions every about 2 months, on average.
• changed volume balance of pemade and kantilan to make the sound a bit softer.
• changes in Keys and Tune now stick without the need to confirm every field by the return key.
• minor bug fixes, more compatible devices
• New switch "samplerate 48kHz" in Keys. The app defaults to suggested sample rate of the device, but can be overwritten by this switch. Try, if your device has crackling sound.
• fixed midi import, now handles type 1 files too
• new additional song "Sekar Sungsang"
• reworked file import.
• code optimizations.
• android 6 up: now the virtual MIDI-port works, open Gender and switch "background audio" (under Keys) on. Close Gender with the home button and then start your virtual keyboard, sequencer app and choose Gender as MIDI-receiver.
• for android N (7.0) only: fixed misaligned/missing slider bars
• added native midi-input for android 6 and higher.
• fixed that changed midi-key-mappings would not show on reopen Keys-activity.
• general bug-fixing
• additional song "Seketit"
• fixed slider appearance for android 4.4 KitKat
|Previous 3 versions|