DigiCel FlipPad is for people who like to draw and want to do traditional, Disney-Style, hand-drawn animation. Whether you use an Apple Pencil or draw with your finger, FlipPad makes animation easier.
DRAWING in FlipPad is Smooth and Natural. So whether you’re working on your first pencil test or your final masterpiece, it’s going to look great.
The THUMBNAILS in the timing window make it easier for you to see what’s going on.
The LIGHTBOX (onion skin) is almost completely automatic making easier and more versatile.
Since TIMING is so important in animation FlipPad lets you change the timing while the scene is playing so you can see the results every time it loops around.
FlipPad’s unique PAINTING tools are designed specifically for painting animation and that makes them faster and more effective. Try dragging the paint bucket.
You can PLAY, PAUSE, STEP and SCRUB through your animation to scrutinize every frame to get it just right.
You can ADD SOUND and time your animation to sync with lips, action or anything.
IMPORT MOVIES to draw over or use as reference to help you animate.
And of course you can SHARE your movies with friends on social media pages.
The in-app UPGRADE to FLIPPAD PRO adds support the Apple Pencil and gives you full HD resolution, 16 million colors, custom color palettes and up to 10 layers and 1,000 frames. It also lets you drag the bucket so you can paint much faster and easier.
Check out our website (DigiCel.net/FlipPad) for videos to see what it does and how to do it.
Releasing new versions every 3 months, on average.
This version fixes the bugs that caused a few customers to experience occasional crashes. It also improves painting and runs a little faster.
We added a new introductory tutorial to help people see what FlipPad can do and how to do it. We also improved copying and pasting cels and painting within lines that had been erased and redrawn.
We fixed a bug in the new lightbox features, improved the pressure sensitivity for the Apple Pencil and added a ? icon to make it easier to get help if you have any questions.
So much is new in this version.
This version is more stable and fixes an occasional issue with the 2-finger zoom and corrects the scale to fit on the iPhone.
This version fixes a problem with HD scenes on some iPhones improves speed and general stability.
This version includes a few bug fixes and a few enhancements to make it look better and be easier to use.
* Performance and stability improvements.
* Improved stability including a potential crash on iOS 9 and when adding photos.
* Improved drawing performance on 12.9 inch iPad Pro - Others to follow
Fixed crash with lightbox settings on the iPhone and improved saving scenes.
Fixed problems importing photos and improved stability.
* Fixed crash when adjusting hold count on some cels in the xsheet.
* Bug fixes and performance improvements.
* FlipPad is now a universal app for both iPhone and iPad.
* Fixed elusive drawing crash problem (this fixes all known crash problems)
Fixed a new bug that was introduced in previous version.
Improved stability and performance. Updated text for upgrading to FlipPad Pro.
* Exported videos now play at the correct speed.
* Improved Lightbox displays several most recently opened images to help w/ inbetweens
* Fixed crash opening scenes on older versions of iOS, as well as a potential crash during playback.
* Fixed stability problems and improved saving of the scene automatically.
* Fixed potential crash, a problem with saving scenes, and some layout issues.
* Improved stability and performance.
Fixed crashes on iOS 7/8 and improved stability.
Support for the iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, significant drawing improvements, and bug fixes.
Fixed crash on iOS 9, support for new Wacom stylus, and minor bug fixes.
Added a quick-start tutorial. Improved xsheet to always be visible by default. New column headers and toolbar buttons. Added stepping one frame at a time. Many bug fixes and performance improvements.
* Fixed bug restoring purchases.
* Improved line quality and responsiveness while drawing.
First official release.
Click to see more