About & Pics
The Pro version of the popular Random Name Selector is a Fun classroom management tool, designed for Teachers, that will engage and entertain students.
Make sure everyone gets a turn in a fun and engaging way!
Simply create one or more groups (a Class or Group of Students). Add students to those groups. The App will then randomly select students from the highlighted group. All names will be displayed before a name is displayed for a second time.
• Call on your students in a different order every time.
• If you want to exclude a Student/s from the selection, simply turn them off in the settings screen. This can be particularly useful for any absentees.
• You can delete and edit Groups / Group member names easily inside the app.
• The number of Students / Groups is limited only by the amount of free space on your device.
• Use a FREE Dropbox account to backup and “Sync” your Groups/Group members with your other devices. You can even use the same Groups/Group members in our “Random Team Selector Pro” app (separate purchase).
• If you have a lot of Groups/Group Members to define you can even import them from a text or CSV file.
• The teacher can determine how many times any single name can be displayed. This avoids the problem of students “switching off” once their name has been selected once.
• This is a Universal App for iPhone and iPad.
• The Animated Graphics and multiple themes make the whole experience a pleasure and keep things fresh for the students. You can even create your own backgrounds.
• Sound effects and background music help make the app more engaging but can also be switched ON/OFF individually as required.
• You can apply a “Passcode” to access the settings screen.
• Need to know where you are in the selection process. We have added a display option that shows the number of names drawn and the number of names remaining in the particular selection process.
• Provide Feedback to the Developers directly from within the App….let us know how we can make it better.
• Share with your friends on Facebook or Twitter from within the App.
We value your feedback. Many of the features above are the direct result of Teacher feedback. If you have any ideas of ways the app can be improved we would love to hear them. Also, if you want to report a bug please use the “Email Support” button inside the app, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to get back to you.
Releasing new versions every 6 months, on average.
As well as fixing a few bugs, this update provides support for the latest iOS version and the new Apple devices.
We have improved the process of importing text and csv files into the app. You can now easily import 10's, 100's even 1,000's of groups and group members!
Fixed a little bug that was not allowing Dropbox sync. All should be OK now. Thanks to those who reported the issue.
iOS 10 updates
We have improved the Dropbox integration (you can now share classes and students with our "Random Team Selector Pro" app as well as sharing across other Apple iOS devices). We have also improved the user experience as well as fixing a few annoying bugs!
Bug fixes to fully Support iOS9. Thanks to all those who reported the minor issues under iOS9.
Please keep the feedback coming. We always respond, and it helps make the App be as good as it can be.
Users can use their own backgrounds, selectable from the devices existing photos or directly from the devices camera. See the tutorial video by tapping the "Help" button.
Thanks for your feedback....We listened! You can now save (Sync) your existing Groups and Group Members to the Cloud (requires free dropbox account) and Sync (import) them onto your other Apple devices (requires all devices to be registered with the same Apple Account). This should be a great time saver!
Minor improvements and bug fixes
Groups and Group Members can now be backed up and Synced to the Cloud (via a Free Dropbox Account). You can even share names and groups across Apple devices by using the same Dropbox account.
Two additional Themes (Not available in the Free version).
Reset the Name Selector part way through the selections.
Optional Passcode protection for the "Settings" screen.
Minor bug fixes and graphics enhancements.
Thanks for all the new feature requests....please keep them coming!
* All your personalized settings, theme, audio, sound effects are now saved when exiting and returning to the App.
* You can now enter an entire group or class by pasting a list of names separated by commas e.g. Peter,Umair,Luis,Claire,etc..etc..
* We value your feedback on this new app, indeed the above changes are the result of our user feedback. If you have any comments or wish to report a bug please use the “Contact Us” Button in the app. We promise to get back to you. We are not able to respond directly to “Reviews” posted so please use the “Contact Us” button for any issues.
Thanks to all those users who have made suggestions for improvements to the App. In this major feature release we have made the following improvements:
* Users can now add multiple names at a time
*The user has the option of displaying names only once or up to 3 times....so the children do not "relax" once there name has appeared once!
* 5 New Themes/sound effects have been added...Jungle, Metal, Space, Dino, Sea.
* The Interface has been updated for IOS7
We want to make this app the best it can be, so if you have any bugs to report or suggestions for new features please use the "Contact Us" button on the "information screen". We read all emails and will always get back to you if requested.
Users can now set names to either, show only once, or up to three times. This is a feature request and means students cannot "Relax" once their names have been selected once.
Bug fix where existing group data could be lost during app upgrade.
Thanks for all your positive feedback. We have added the option to set a group to repeat names up to 3 times. That way students cannot "relax" once their name has been selected.... as it could well appear again!
Bug fix where not all names were being displayed for larger group sizes
Please keep your feedback coming....it helps us to make the app better for you.
Click to see more