About & Pics
The best sheet music reader for the iPad and iPhone keeps getting better. RealTunes is your assistant for creating your own virtual fake book in which you can view and listen to examples of all the music in your library.
RealTunes includes a handful of public domain example files to get you started. RealTunes also includes indexes (by title and composer) for the Real Book CD-ROM series (PDFs not included). PDF files from the CD-ROMs, as well as your own PDF music files, can be easily downloaded via Dropbox onto your iOS devices where you can view, print, and organize your music in any way you like.
The PDF content for the Real Book CD-ROM series is not provided with RealTunes! That material is under copyright and must be purchased separately by the user. Once obtained, the CD-ROM content can easily be downloaded into RealTunes via Dropbox.
Content can easily be downloaded from your Dropbox folder (a Dropbox account is required). This includes Real Book Volumes 1-3 CD-ROM content as well as your own PDF sheet music files.
Browse, preview, and purchase titles from your RealTunes library in the iTunes Store. Search for and listen to titles from your device music library while viewing the sheet music in RealTunes.
• Organize your music the way you want with Tune Lists. Make your own lists as easily as creating a playlist in iTunes.
• Tune Info Editing - For any user files you have added, you may now edit the title as well as add composer information.
• Thumbnail Scrolling - For multi-page PDF files, you can quickly scroll through thumbnail images to get right to the page you want.
• AirTurn Pedal - Support for the AirTurn page turning pedals has been improved.
• iTunes Integration - Searching and previewing of titles in the iTunes Store has been much improved.
• Contextual Help - Much of the Help content is now available right in the places where you need it. Just look for the help icon on any screen.
Whether you are a beginning student or a seasoned professional musician, RealTunes is your study guide for the vast repertoire that makes up the jazz idiom.
• The CD-ROM content for the Real Book series is not required nor provided with RealTunes
• RealTunes is available in many countries. The selection of music in the iTunes store may vary by country
• Downloading from Dropbox requires a Dropbox account and Internet access
• Some PDF documents may not be compatible with RealTunes
Releasing new versions every 3 months, on average.
Updates in RealTunes 1.6:
There have recently been some changes made to the iTunes Search API that have caused some problems. We have been working with Apple on a solution and believe it has now been resolved. We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused our customers.
Updates in RealTunes 1.5:
Updates in RealTunes 1.4:
Tune List enhancements:
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Enhancements to Dropbox error handling as well as other reliability improvements.
Fixed an issue in iPad version where tapping the iTunes price button could cause a crash.
Fixed issues with TuneList reordering in iOS 10.
Addressed some page layout issues in iOS 10.
The iPad version can now display 2 pages side-by-side in landscape mode.
Fixed an issue where Dropbox sync could fail on a new installation.
Version 1.1 contains many improvements to the user experience:
Corrected the links for the CD-ROMs on SheetMusicPlus.
Support for the AirTurn BT-105 pedal has been restored. There is now a button on the top toolbar of the sheet music view for enabling/disabling the AirTurn pedal. If you have an AirTurn pedal connected, you can set the switch to enabled to make it functional. If there is no pedal connected, leave this disabled in order to avoid the issue of the virtual keyboard being displayed inadvertently in iOS 8.
Disabling support for the AirTurn BT-105 pedal until issues with the AirTurn software and iOS 8 are resolved. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and are working to have it resolved as soon as possible.
Added page turning slider for easier navigation of multi-page PDF files.
Updates for AirTurn pedal in iOS 7.
Fixed an issue with Dropbox sync where an "empty" file could be downloaded before it had been completely uploaded to Dropbox.
AirTurn pedal support for hands-free paging (iPad only).
- Fixed some issues with iTunes search.
- Added product search (ISBN & UPC codes) to Real Book config pages.
|Previous 3 versions|
This app has not yet been rated.