About & Pics
No one could learn Sanskrit without the aid of at least a good set of textbooks and, if possible, a congenial teacher. But Sanskrit is a very complex and demanding language, and in order to master it, one must memorise a great deal of information. This is where Liberation Philology Sanskrit can help.
Whenever you have your phone and a free moment, Liberation Philology Sanskrit presents a continuous multiple-choice test on Sanskrit vocabulary and grammar. It immediately confirms or corrects each answer, and reinforces your knowledge through repetition.
• Vocabulary: 320 levels, each testing the translation of ten words between Sanskrit and English. Interspersed among these are cumulative levels reviewing what has been learned earlier (giving a total of 360 levels).
• Nouns: Tests your ability to parse and decline all classes of Sanskrit nouns.
• Pronouns: Tests your ability to parse and decline Sanskrit pronouns.
• Verbs: Tests your ability to parse and conjugate a wide range of Sanskrit verbs.
All three tests can be set to display Sanskrit words either in Devanagari script or transliterated into the Roman alphabet. A further Reference module allows you to review the vocabulary word-list and the noun and verb paradigms.
Releasing new versions every 8 months, on average.
• New Pronouns module.
Updated for the latest devices and systems.
• Addresses a display issue on older devices and systems.
• Updated to take advantage of the latest systems and devices, including support for split-screen mode.
• Updated to take advantage of the latest devices and operating systems.
• Adds an 'All verbs - all forms' level.
• Adds periodic cumulative levels to the Vocabulary module.
• Updated to better support the latest operating system.
• Adapted for the larger screen of the iPhone 5.
|Previous 3 versions|