About & Pics
This app lets you explore the world of Unicode glyphs. The languages of the world contain some beautiful letter forms, and Unicode Character Viewer gives you an easy way to search for characters, mark your favourites, and share them with others.
Browse all the fonts in your iOS device, and every glyph supported by each of those fonts.
* Search by glyph title.
* View variations of a glyph in different fonts.
* Mark glyphs as favorites for easy reference.
* View all the variations of a glyph in all fonts that support it.
* Add glyphs to a draft text editor for composing a string using any Unicode characters.
* Identify glyphs in strings you find.
* Explore the 283+ downloadable iOS 7 fonts.
This app is perfect for finding interesting characters to use in text messages, social media, or within apps.
(The icon is Unicode code point 0x273E, entitled SIX PETALLED BLACK AND WHITE FLORETTE).
Releasing new versions every 7 months, on average.
Update for new iOS device sizes.
Fixes a bug with the Variations view showing an additional incorrect character alongside every character.
Fixes a bug in the iPad app that could crash when tapping Share. Sorry about that!
Adds iPad support, and the ability to choose a font to use for the Drafts editor.
Two new features in this version:
iOS 7 supports downloadable fonts. The app now lets you download and explore these 283+ fonts.
You can now identify the characters in a string. Type or paste in a string and see what glyphs the string is composed of.
- Bug Fixes
- Favorites ticker at the bottom of the main screen.
Added a way to view variations of a glyph in all fonts that support it.
|Previous 3 versions|