About & Pics
Recent user reviews:
***** “The very BEST of the best. Indispensable, and worth every penny.”
***** “ I highly recommend this app to all Arabic students!”
***** “Perfect App for arabic language study.”
***** “A very power tool in learning different verb forms....Great Job!”
***** “Quality and intuitive interface. Extremely in-depth, accurate results.”
***** “Put simply, it's one of the most helpful and well designed arabic tools available on the iPhone for students learning arabic.”
The CJKI Arabic Verb Conjugator, an easy-to-use Arabic-English conjugator that provides exhaustive coverage of linguistically accurate conjugation paradigms for over 1,600 Arabic verbs, has been updated with an all new testing mode, further cementing it as the ultimate tool to master the complexities of the Arabic verb system. We have also refreshed the user interface to make the app even easier and more pleasant to use.
Designed from the ground up to be a highly effective learning aid, CAVE stimulates a desire to learn by providing rich content in an easy-to-use interface that gives instant access to detailed information on every aspect of Arabic verb conjugation. Now, we have added the ability for learners to test their knowledge of the paradigm of a verb, tailoring the extent of the tests using the usual filtering mechanism.
Arabic teachers and educators have praised CAVE as a powerful learning tool that promises to revolutionize Arabic pedagogy:
“This well-designed and practical app provides quick access to a full range of Arabic verb conjugations, and is useful and beneficial for mastering Arabic verbs and their numerous inflected forms.”
― Karin Ryding
Professor Emerita, Georgetown University
Author, A Reference Grammar of Modern Standard Arabic
Never before has there been such a compelling need for a new, pedagogically effective tool for mastering the Arabic verb system.
* covers 400,000 conjugated forms of over 1600 Arabic verbs
* clearly pronounced audio for all 400,000 conjugated forms
* concise English translations for all conjugated forms
* all-new testing mode with filtering options
* learner-friendly romanization indicating word stress
* user-friendly interface of outstanding design
* immediate access from any conjugated form, tense or root
* search for verbs in Arabic script, Roman script, or English
* filters display subsets such as negative forms, English/romanization, plural/singular/dual, and much more
* no Internet connection required
* history and bookmarks
The CJK Dictionary Institute (http://www.cjk.org) is directed by Jack Halpern, editor of the New Japanese-English Character Dictionary (Kenkyusha) and The Kodansha Kanji Learner's Dictionary, now standard reference works.
Be sure to check out our other dictionary apps available for iOS devices by searching for "CJKI" in the App Store.
Releasing new versions every 4 months, on average.
- the search direction button is now visible on iOS 12
- fixed a bug that was causing the app to sometimes crash on iOS 10
* bug fixes
* fix for quizzes not starting up in most circumstances
* support for iOS 11
- fixed bug affecting verbs يَئِسَ and زَيَّنَ ("to lose hope" and "to embellish", respectively)
We have fixed a bug where the app would crash when selecting an item from basic forms.
- fixes a bug when playing all conjugated forms for a tense on iOS9.3
We have received a lot of great feedback about CAVE, including requests from time to time to add certain verbs to the application. Therefore, this update includes the following:
* 64 brand new verbs and their corresponding conjugation patterns
- fix crashes on iOS7.1
* Users can now choose between two fonts: 1) Geeza Pro, which is the standard Arabic font available on iOS, is beautiful and easy to read, but occasionally displays incorrect vowel diacritics, or 2) Noto Naskh, a font from Google Inc., which renders vowel diacritics and disconnected laam + miim ligatures correctly, making it easier for learners, but isn't as pleasant-looking as Geeza Pro.
* added testing feature
* minor bug fixes
* updated data
* added ability to display persons in order used by "Ahlan wa Sahlan: Functional Modern Standard Arabic for Beginners" textbook
* added male voice audio option
* fixed content bugs
* Fixed order of the persons when the traditional order is set.
Users now have the option to sort verb inflections according to traditional Arabic order by accessing the settings menu.
Fixed a bug where the app would crash when performing a root search with the Arabic keyboard enabled.
Please note that this update requires iOS 4.3 and above, and therefore won't work on iPod touch 2G and iPhone 3G devices. If you are using this application on those devices, we recommend that you don't update the app.
* support for iOS 6 and larger screen of 5th generation iPhone and iPod touch
|Previous 3 versions|