About & Pics
Ever wish you could build a car from your NXT Mindstorms set and control it using your iPhone or iPad? Well if so RoboRemote does just that.
BIG NEWS: we are happy to announce that RoboRemote Server has been launched on other platforms!! No more PC needed! Check out our website for more info! You can now use other devices to act as a bridge between NXT and your iOS device.
A must have for every NXT Mindstorms fan!
In 5 easy steps you will be ready to take your NXT car for a spin:
1) Go to our website and follow the step by step instructions to build the model car
2) Download and run the Mac/PC Server app
3) Download and install the Mindstorms NXT program on your LEGO Brick
4) Run the RoboRemote App on your iPhone and connect to the Mac/PC Server
5) Connect the Mac/PC Server to your NXT and you are ready to drive!!
There are 3 types of remotes you can use:
- the Puzzle Drive remote lets you build your track first and then you can play, pause, go forward or backward and choose the speed of individual track pieces
- the Pad Drive remote acts as a pad joystick allowing you to control the car with your thumbs
- the Air Drive remote allows you to drive the NXT by moving the iPhone through the air
For more setup and build details go to our website www.redroundrobot.com
Releasing new versions every 5 months, on average.
- updated for iPhone 6/ iPhone 6 Plus and iPad
- fixed a few connection bugs
You can check the new instructions for manual connection here: http://www.redroundrobot.com/support.html#connect
-added a new option to choose between connecting via Bonjour or manual by IP
- Improved the responsiveness of the Air Drive Remote
-Fixed the Puzzle Drive loop bug
Fixed a few bugs ( thanks for your feedback - helps us make this app better for you ).
Added four new optional upgrades:
- The Ball Gun
Visit our website to find out how to build them and what they can do.Be sure to refresh the pages on www.redroundrobot.com in case you don't see the updates (right click on page and refresh/reload).
Important: we made changes to the original RoboCar design, so it can have more torque to support the new upgrades.Use this new version of the app only with the new build instructions and the new PC/Mac Server version.
Please send us any feedback at email@example.com
And don't forget: have fun!
Click to see more