About & Pics
One of the challenges of studying Ancient Greek is to memorise its unfamiliar vocabulary, and the many forms each word can take. The most reliable way to learn this material is by constant practice, which is where Liberation Philology Ancient Greek can help.
Wherever you have your phone and a free moment, Liberation Philology Ancient Greek is ready to drill you on Ancient Greek vocabulary and grammar with a continuous multiple-choice test. Your answers are immediately confirmed or corrected, and reinforced through repetition.
• Vocabulary: 110 levels, each testing the translation of 10 words between English and Ancient Greek. Additional sections contain 220 levels of Homeric, 210 levels of New Testament vocabulary, and 110 levels based on Plato’s Apology. Interspersed among these are cumulative levels reviewing what has been learned earlier (giving a total of 733 levels).
• Nouns: Tests your ability to parse and decline all classes of Ancient Greek nouns.
• Adjectives & Pronouns: Tests your ability to parse and decline all classes of Ancient Greek adjectives & demonstrative pronouns.
• Verbs: Tests your ability to parse and conjugate a range of paradigmatic Ancient Greek verbs.
• Participles: Tests your ability to recognise and decline Ancient Greek participles.
A further Reference module allows you to review the vocabulary word-list and paradigms. Beginning students also have the option of displaying Greek text in transliteration.
Releasing new versions every 3 months, on average.
Correction in the Verbs module.
Restores functionality to the internal jump links for verbs in the Reference module.
--From version 2.1:
--From version 2.0:
• New section based on Plato's Apology in the Vocabulary module.
From version 2.0:
• A new version of the Verbs module covers a larger range of verbs, with more choices of test types.
Corrections to the Verbs module.
Correction in the Adjectives module.
• Updated for the latest devices and systems.
• Addresses a display issue on older devices and systems.
• The Nouns module now marks grammatical gender.
• Updated to take advantage of the latest devices and operating systems.
• The Vocabulary module now has periodic cumulative levels to further reinforce your knowledge.
If you find Liberation Philology useful, we'd appreciate if you could take a moment to leave a rating or review. It really helps!
• Addition of imperatives and infinities to the Verbs module.
• A new module tests your ability to recognise and decline Ancient Greek participles.
• Corrections to levels 68 and 69 in the Vocabulary module.
• Updated for the latest iPhone/iPad system software.
• Corrections of typos in the Adjectives module.
• A new module tests Greek adjectives & pronouns.
Fixes a bug that could cause the Nouns module not to test all possible forms.
• 210 levels of New Testament Greek vocabulary, arranged in a suitable order for beginners
• Optional transliteration of Greek text, for beginning students
• Adds a new section with 220 levels of Homeric vocabulary.
• More than doubles the number of paradigmatic verbs in the conjugation module.
• Improved interface in the Review module.
|Previous 3 versions|