About & Pics
Based on Ber van Perlo's ‘Field Guide to the Birds of Brazil’, this app covers over 1,800 species of bird seen in Brazil, including residents, migrants and vagrants. Helpful texts detail size, habitat and description, while informative illustrations show a host of plumages for each species, including subspecific variation. Distribution maps and stunning still photographs further enhance the app, and songs and calls of over 1,200 species complete the package. The result is a must-have app for anybody birding in Brazil.
• all content stored on the device, so no need to have phone signal or be connected to wi-fi
• species names in English, Portuguese and scientific
• illustrations, text and maps for over 1,800 species
• over 1,200 songs and calls
• superb still photographs for many species
• includes full introductory text from ‘Field Guide to Birds of Brazil’
• search by species name in English, Portuguese or scientific
• organise bird names in taxonomic order or alphabetically
• quickly close the species list by pinching on the list
• favourite species feature
• swipe up/down on illustrations to seamlessly move between species
Releasing new versions every about 1 year, on average.
Fixed a crash on iOS 9
Optimised for the latest devices
Fixed a crash affecting users of iOS 9.
We've fixed a bug that caused the app to crash while searching.
We’ve added sounds for another 223 species and squashed a few minor bugs.
We've fixed the introduction pages, some other minor bugs and made the app compatible with the latest iOS and devices. Happy birding!
We've updated the app to fix a number of bugs that had appeared in the previous version, as well as giving the app a clean new look. We’ve also added some extra features, like a compare mode to allow side-by-side comparison of similar species.
|Previous 3 versions|