About & Pics
The foremost field guide to Australian birds is now available on the iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with a comprehensive collection of bird calls.
** If you would like to experience the app check out The Michael Morcombe eGuide to the Birds of Australia LITE which is FREE and includes 59 species **
Michael Morcombe’s Field Guide to Australian Birds has been called the most comprehensive field guide to Australian birds in the market today and now it is perfectly complimented by the eGuide which features:
● iPhone optimised controls – swipe to next or previous species, one-tap enlargement of an image and rotate the device (landscape) to enlarge an image completely (and fit the width of the screen).
● Over 3000 hi-res bird images covering over 790 bird species.
● Most bird species have a detailed distribution map showing any subspecies that occur.
● Detailed text descriptions of almost all bird species including songs and calls, measurements and breeding behaviour.
● Over 1800 carefully-selected and edited sound recordings for over 600 species. Many species are represented with multiple call examples showing the full range of vocalizations.
● The ability to compare any two images, maps, or sounds, side by side on the screen. The ability to filter by geographic location, so that you see only the species likely to occur in your location, and to further reduce the possibilities to usual or vagrant species in the selected area.
● A “Smart Search” that gives the ability to search by distinguishing features such as size, colour, physical features, habitat and exclude certain types of birds (eg. Passerines).
● A basic personal species list that stores your sightings saved to the device* (ability to upload list coming soon)
● A comprehensive help and introduction section to help you if you get stuck or don’t understand how a certain feature works.
*Uninstalling/reinstalling the program will result in the loss of your list, it is recommended that you keep your own backup (master list) separate from the application.
We invite all users to share their comments and ideas on our forum at www.mydigitalearth.com
NB. This Application WILL ONLY work on an iPhone or iPod Touch running iOS V7.1 or higher NOT A NORMAL IPOD CLASSIC/NANO and the download is about 320MB.
Releasing new versions every 9 months, on average.
Fixed a bug where My Location would not refresh.
Changed the minimum supported iOS version to 7.1 to prevent an app crash in a future iOS update.
Fixed a bug that caused layout issues when the app was started on iPads in landscape mode.
Updated UI in line with the latest iOS.
*As with all updates please make sure that you have a copy of your personal bird list (My List) saved elsewhere as there is always a chance that is could be deleted in the update process*
● Added thumbnails to main bird lists.
The Michael Morcombe eGuide is now a fully universal app!
*Please note this update is very large (about 350MB) and might take some time to download and the update could delete your personal bird list (My List), make sure that you have a backup before updating.
Fixed a bug that caused only one image to display on certain iOS 3 and 4 devices.
Ability to export "My List" in CSV format using email or iTunes sharing.
*Please note that during the update there is a chance that your personal bird list (My List) could be deleted, make sure that you have another copy elsewhere.
|Previous 3 versions|