About & Pics
Acrobits Softphone, the perfect app for entry into the world of SIP.
*** Featuring Video calls over Wi-Fi and full CallKit integration.
Check out the video tutorial and knowledgeable article at the links below.
With loads of preconfigured providers and an extremely intuitive user interface, Acrobits Softphone is simple to configure and a delight to use. Designed for ease of use but still extremely customizable, Acrobits Softphone is both the perfect Softphone to ease new users into the world of SIP and a reliable, feature rich client for veteran VoIP users.
Business users and veteran VoIP users should also check out our business caliber SIP Client, Groundwire. Just go to More iPhone Apps by Acrobits and click on Groundwire. It contains all the features of Acrobits Softphone and more.
“Acrobits Softphone is one of the best designed VoIP on the iPhone applications available today.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/vB6dQ9
“Acrobits Softphone is my New Favorite VoIP SIP Client”
Read more: http://bit.ly/a69OZP
For the list of providers and VoIP services tested with Softphone, see http://www.acrobits.cz/about-us/partners#tab_verified-voip-operators
- Push Notifications, a reliable way to receive calls when Acrobits Softphone is closed or in the background
- WiFi Finder add-on lets you search for a nearby wifi in a database of many millions of wifi hotspots around the world
- Call recording (only available for SIP calls, will not record calls made from your GSM line)
- Backgrounding support
- Bluetooth headset support (iPhones only)
- Customizable ringtones
- Video calls, H263 and H264 codecs
- Quickdial, your favorite contacts only one tap away
- Quick import of accounts from major VoIP providers
- Excellent sound quality, supports Opus, G.722, G.711, iLBC and GSM. Make an in app purchase to add G.729 for great performance over cellular networks
- Highly configurable settings
- Native Contacts Integration
- SIP traffic diagnostic log for troubleshooting
Acrobits Softphone fans, please rate Acrobits Softphone or leave a review.
If you have an issue with Acrobits Softphone, please contact our support even if you leave a review stating the problem. We are unable to respond to reviews so even if your issue is simple to resolve, we have no way of letting you know. Acrobits Softphone is highly configurable so problems that seem insurmountable may just require a couple of adjustments to the settings.
***NOTES - IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ***
SIP - Acrobits Softphone is a SIP Client, not a VoIP service. You must have service with a VoIP provider that supports use on a standard SIP client to use it.
VoIP over 3G - Be aware that some mobile operators prohibit or restrict the use of VoIP over their network. They may prohibit the use of VoIP or impose additional fees when using VoIP over their network. By using the app over 3G, you agree to abide by any restrictions your cellular carrier imposes and agree that Acrobits will not be held responsible for any fees or liability imposed by your carrier for using the app over 3G network.
Releasing new versions every about 2 months, on average.
Maintenance release. Fixes a bug when calling a number from history tab.
- the delay before audio is connected after an incoming call is answered is significantly reduced
Maintenance release. Minor bug fixes and stability improvements.
- fixes an issue with wrong caller id displayed in case the incoming call contains Diversion header
- improved Opus codec quality.
maintenance release. No new features, only fixes for several gui glitches and stability improvements.
- customisable fonts (Settings->Preferences->Appearance)
maintenance release. Fixes for several bugs introduced in the previous update:
Maintenance release. Fixes for a few bugs introduced by the previous update:
- iOS 12 compatibility
- additional ipv6 compatibility improvements
improved ipv6 compatibility. This update should fix calling issues in mobile networks in Canada and USA.
- fixes an occasional problem with speakerphone button during the call
Maintenance release. Fixes some minor bugs and stability issues caused by the previous update.
WiFi Finder add-on: Search for a free wifi around you in a database of many millions of wifi hotspots around the world.
- improved iPhoneX compatibility
- iOS 11 Compatibility
- improved battery consumption when using "Standard" incoming call mode
- new, ultra low-bandwidth voice codec: Codec2
Maintenance release. Several small user interface fixes and improvements, stability improvements, some new translations.
- CallKit fix: incoming calls arriving when the app was not running sometime had one-way audio
- CallKit and SiriKit integration improvements
- SiriKit integration. Try "Hey Siri, call Mom using Groundwire"!
This version brings support for iOS 10 CallKit. It's now possible to call directly from iPhone contacts or history and quickly accept incoming calls right from the lock screen.
- longer delays between DTMF digits for more reliable detection
- GRUU support was not working in previous update. This is now fixed.
Maintenance release: The previous versions of the app didn't handle situations when the device had more than 8 different IP addresses. This is becoming common with VoLTE. It made the app shut down when making or receiving a call and it's now FIXED.
Maintenance release. The previous app had problems with date values read from address book. If you had anyone with two-digit year in birthday filled in (like 76 instead of 1976), the app failed to start. This has been fixed.
- faster contacts tab, better integrated with the app
- support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+ displays
- improved voice quality when using G729 codecs on iPhone 5 and older devices
+ support for higher video resolutions (up to full-HD 1920x1080)
- new contacts panel, which should solve various issues with previous system contacts
- native support for 64-bit CPUs
Bug fixes, stability improvements. Improved iOS8 compatibility.
minor bug fixes, stability and design improvements
- show account balance for providers which support it
Version 5.5 brings new, modern, flat user interface
- added support for GRUU
Maintenance release - bug fixes and performance improvements:
- improved compatibility with latest iOS versions
+ improve compatibility with latest iOS versions
- fixes in H264 video codec negotiation
- fixed credit balance for Betamax and Pennytel providers
- support for iPhone5 screens
NAT Bridge is back!
- ICE support
|Previous 3 versions|
This app has not yet been rated.