tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
Releasing new versions every 5 months, on average.
- Fixed a problem with opening PGN attachments
- Fixed a bug that was making it difficult to tap the Annotations (pencil) button
- Users can now choose to store PGN files in local storage or in iCloud Drive
- Fixed a bug with the "Edit Position" feature
- NOTE: This version removes the old system for playing online games and chatting with online opponents. If you're still playing games using the old system, please finish those games and switch to the new system. (You were told this transition was going to happen more than a year ago.) The new system is called "Play online" and is accessed via the cloud button on the main toolbar.
- Added support for Dark Mode
- Fixed a bug where some "Play online" games could get unsynchronized and stuck
- This update adds a new system for playing online. You can access it by tapping on the cloud button on the main toolbar. It should be much easier to use and more reliable than the old system. The old system is still included, so if you have active games, you can finish them. But it will be removed in a future version of tChess. I hope you enjoy the new system!
- Support for the iPhone X screen resolution and layout
- Fixed a problem with the "Edit Position" feature
- Updated for iOS 11
- New "Analyze Game" feature: see an overview of the entire game in seconds
- New “Toolbar buttons” feature allows you to customize the main toolbar
- Added a "Dark background" option in the Appearance menu
- Redesigned to match Apple's latest design language!
- All-new support for PGN, including variations!
- Self-play mode
- Support for iCloud to synchronize PGN files (requires iOS 6.0 or newer)
- Support for the iPhone 5's new screen size and iOS 6
- Support for the new iPad's Retina Display
- Added support for German, French, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese
- Added support for turn-based Game Center (new for iOS 5)!
- Added Game Center support. Play chess with your friends in real time!!
- Added support for dual-core processors (iPad 2). Enable it in the Settings menu and Analysis Mode will calculate 50-80% faster!
- Automatically exports all saved games to "saved_games.pgn" (iTunes file sharing)
New for iOS 3.2 and up:
New for every iOS version:
- Support for iOS 4.0
- Added landscape mode for iPad
- Added hand-painted 2-D wood and marble graphics
- New "Database" feature: download and view PGN files!!
NOTE: This update replaces the existing Statistics feature. Please write down your current statistics if you want to save them.
- Added Captured Pieces display
- New Statistics feature
Click to see more