About & Pics
Ready to take your Japanese reading and listening comprehension to the next level? Welcome to Satori Reader.
HUNDREDS OF ARTICLES
Read from a growing library of articles written by native speakers for intermediate students, organized into interesting series such as news, stories, dialogs, and more.
Tap any sentence to hear it read aloud by native voice actors (no robots!).
ADAPTIVE KANJI USAGE
Crack the chicken-and-egg problem of reading kanji with our unique presentation engine, which adjusts the Japanese text to accommodate your actual knowledge. This allows you to challenge yourself for the kanji you should know without being overwhelmed by what you don't.
Tap any word for a definition. This is more than just an automated lookup. Satori Reader shows the actual sense of each word as it's being used in the sentence. For example, the particle の has many uses: it can indicate possession; it can turn the preceding verb or phrase into a noun; it can stand in for another word; and more. We show you exactly what is happening in every instance of every word.
Gray underlines indicate longer annotations that break down tricky expressions, provide cultural background, or help you to read between the lines. Our editors work hard to anticipate what might be confusing and proactively help you to make sense of things. Good-bye, confusion. Hello, clarity!
SPACED REPETITION SYSTEM (SRS)
The built-in spaced repetition review system helps you to build your vocabulary. Create review cards instantly as you read. Each card you create takes along a snapshot of the sentence in which you encountered the word, further helping to cement it in your memory. You can even play back the audio of that sentence while reviewing the word!
Still confused about something? Just ask in the comment section below each article. Knowledgeable staff are ready to help.
Satori Reader is built by a team that cares. Our goal is to bring satori (enlightenment) into your Japanese reading life. Set up a free account today, and let's get started.
▪ OPTIONS: Download the app for free and enjoy unlimited access to the first two episodes of each series (new series released regularly), as well as complete access to special series such as Closeup: Obon Society.
Get unlimited access to the entire Satori Reader library of more than 350 episodes (with new episodes released each week), including crystal-clear audio, helpful annotations, and real human feedback, for just $8.99 per month, or $89.99 per year (first month FREE).
▪ EXTRAS: Your subscription to Satori Reader comes with complimentary web access, as well as access to Satori Reader on all your smartphones and tablets.
▪ PAYMENT: Payment will be charged to your iTunes account with the confirmation of your purchase (following any trial period).
▪ AUTO-RENEWAL: Your subscription will auto-renew each month unless you cancel 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. The auto-renewal can be turned off at any time in the Account Settings section of the App Store. If you cancel your subscription by turning off auto-renewal, you will continue to be able to access Satori Reader for the period you paid for and you will not be billed again.
▪ TERMS OF SERVICE: https://www.satorireader.com/terms
Releasing new versions every about 1 month, on average.
- Fixed a sync issue affecting users whose regional settings utilize non-Gregorian calendars.
- This edition adds a long-requested feature: the ability to play context sentence audio directly from within review sessions! This makes it even easier to relate new words to the original context in which you learned them and latch them into memory as living and breathing things, not just static words.
- Fixed an issue that caused reviews not to work for a subset of users.
- Fixed an issue in which some review cards would cause a freeze.
- You can now swipe right to go back.
Improved signup workflow for new users, fixed miscellaneous minor bugs.
|Previous 3 versions|