About & Pics
Whether you are in high school and thinking about college, or already enrolled, let the Financial Aid Badger (FAB) help you graduate on time and on budget. Every month, you’ll receive detailed reminders specific to your grade level so you know exactly what you should be doing and when. From admissions essays, to course selection, to deadline dates, and financial aid limits (yes, aid does run out!), FAB will help you stay on track. FAB is intended for students from 11th grade through a senior in college.
FAB was created by two financial aid advisors with more than 25 years of combined financial aid experience at both public and private colleges. We know the college and financial aid process can be overwhelming for many families, and you might not even know what questions to ask. FAB can help to alleviate your stress and anxiety by breaking down the process into manageable monthly tasks with content targeted at your grade level. You won’t have to sift through information you don’t need. Instead, we’ll badger you with just the information you need to make well-informed decisions about your education. Below is a sampling of what you will receive.
While in high school we’ll guide you through:
- The different types of schools (public, private, trade school, junior/community college)
- How to make the most of Open Houses and other college visits
- When to start taking college entrance exams
- When to apply for financial aid, the different types of funding, and how to apply
Once in college, you’ll learn about:
- What you need to do to keep your financial aid (spoiler alert: students can even lose eligibility for loans!)
- Financial literacy topics like credit and budgeting
- Tips to build your resume and make you marketable post-graduation
- Where to go if you need help (your tuition covers more than just sitting in class)
Your senior year of college:
- How to start preparing for what you’ll do after graduation (graduate or professional school, military, job search)
- Loan repayment, consolidation, and refinancing options
- We understand that sometimes it’s easier if you’re “kept in the loop”. FAB allows you to create profiles for up to 3 students and have the reminders sent directly to you.
The Financial Aid Badger is a one-time purchase with no advertisements or in-app purchases. Along with the reminders, you’ll have access to additional resources including calculators, helpful worksheets, FAQs, and more. You can also share your reminders via email. For example, if you, the student, want mom or dad to learn more about college billing, you can easily email them the information you received about billing.
We will never ask you to share your private/confidential information (such as W2’s, social security numbers, tax information).
Releasing new versions every 6 months, on average.
- The Financial Aid Badger (FAB) is now free to download so you can better evaluate if it meets your needs. To view the detailed reminder descriptions, a one-time, in-app purchase is required.
- Fixes a bug that may have prevented notifications from appearing when new reminders are available.
|Previous 3 versions|