About & Pics
Count down the days until Christmas with a fun snowy countdown.
- Choose from eight beautiful backgrounds, featuring Santa and his reindeer, many Christmas trees, and even a snowman!
- Enjoy classic Christmas music including Deck the Halls and We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- Watch the falling snow on the countdown screen
- Open a new gift every day of December in your advent calendar! You'll get a beautiful Christmas themed HD image which you can set as your wallpaper, as well some other ideas to help you get in the Christmas mood :D
- No ads! I really don't like ads in apps, so there are none at all in Christmas Countdown :)
- Upgrade to premium to get a countdown widget so you can quickly see how many long there is until Christmas! You'll also get more music, including Jingle Bells and Silent Night, extra backgrounds and an exclusive countdown style!
I have a lot of fun developing Christmas Countdown, and love hearing from you! Talk to me about the app at email@example.com or @juplichristmas on Instagram and Twitter :)
Releasing new versions every about 1 month, on average.
In this difficult time where we all need to stay indoors more, the Premium features of Christmas Countdown are unlocked for everyone to use until July 2020. Please enjoy the features, stay safe and look out for each other.
Removed the 2019 advent calendar content to reduce the app size for 2020!
Fixed a crash when opening a gift
Preparing for the Advent Calendar!
- Added new Premium countdown box featuring a snowman - the previous Santa box is now free for everyone!
- Another new countdown choice! You can now count down the weeks to Christmas. Just tap the countdown box to change.
Lots of new stuff for those of you counting down to Christmas in August!
- Ever wondered how many seconds there are until Christmas? Now you can find out!
Slimming down for 2019 - I've removed last year's advent calendar content so the app takes up less space on your phone throughout the year.
Advent calendar updates :D
A few bug fixes and changes:
Night Mode has been way more popular than I expected! So, I've added automatic Night Mode. This will enable Night Mode from 6PM to 7AM, and turn it off during the day.
I've made a bunch of small fixes too! :)
The advent calendar is here! :D
18.3.1: A quick fix for widget issues introduced in 18.3.0
I've added lots of new stuff now that Christmas is quickly approaching. Not too long until the advent calendar begins!
- Night Mode! Darker backgrounds and colours. Not just for night time!
Less than 3 months to go! I've been working hard to make the app faster and easier to use. I hope you like it!
- A new free background featuring a much-requested nativity scene
... OK yes I made up the 57% but it is pretty fast :D
We're 70% of the way to Christmas, so it's time for a big update!
- Advanced customisation! Now you can separately choose the countdown background, box and style
A post-2017 slimming to bring down the size of the app so it takes up less space on your phone during the year! :)
One more advent calendar update!
A few small changes to the calendar design, and fixed even more Youtube links!
Replaced YouTube links which were blocked in some countries
Fixed a problem with turning on notifications, and also improved the calendar on iPhone X!
A few more additions for the upcoming Advent calendar :D
Ready for December! This update brings all the Advent calendar goodies. No peeking!
Who's excited for Christmas? I am! I've added lots of stuff in this update!
- Share the countdown with friends! I've made it super simple - it copies to your clipboard and then you can paste it anywhere!
Some fixes and performance improvements!
Now with a countdown widget for all you awesome Premium users!
Weihnachten, Navidad, Noël, Natale, Boże Narodzenie and クリスマス! I've gotten some help to translate Christmas Countdown into 6 other languages so more people can enjoy the countdown. In other news, the countdown now works in landscape mode, so it'll look great on your iPad!
Lots of people asked for Christmas music, and now it's here! Just pop in to the settings menu to turn it on :D
Getting ready nice and early for Christmas 2017! Keep an eye out for more updates over the next few months :)
Some final tweaks before Christmas!
Final preparations for Christmas! Also fixed a bug which kept bothering you to enable notifications!
I've made a bunch of little fixes, and also made some performance improvements so everything should feel a bit smoother!
I've updated some pesky music links in the Christmas Calendar, as a few ended up being blocked in certain regions, and also on some mobile devices. Nobody should be denied the joy of Christmas songs, so I've found some better links!
I've also fixed an issue with the calendar on certain screen sizes preventing the wallpaper being set. Sorry about that one. But it's all sorted now. :D
I've added five themes which you can choose from to change the look of the countdown. Also some updates to the calendar as we get closer to Christmas!
Click to see more