About & Pics
Learn to draw or perfect your drawing skills with Da Vinci Eye!
Great for professionals, students, or anyone that just wants to make amazing artwork.
This app overlays an image that you want to draw over a real piece of paper using your device's camera. If you look through your phone, while it is above your canvas, it creates a virtual projection that you can trace. This enables you to create realistic looking artwork with perfect proportions, shading, and colors.
How does it work?
You suspend your iPhone or iPad above a canvas or piece of paper using a tall glass, a stack of books, or a phone holder. When you look through your phone you will be able to see both the image and the canvas at the same time. Think of it kind of like a projector or light board, but you can only see the projection when you look through your phone.
The cool thing is that you can zoom in both the camera and the overlay image at the same to pick up micro details in your drawing or scale the drawing to any size that you want.
By using Da Vinci you will be training your eye how to recognize proportions, identify differences in values and colors, and your hand to make to pleasing lines and stokes on paper.
What can I use this for?
For any level of artist... you can use this app to trace pictures or use Da Vinci as a tool to periodically check your proportions as you draw free hand. How many times have you been drawing a portrait only to realize that the nose or the eye is in the wrong place? You can use this app to lay everything out before you begin, or to check your work as you go along.
You can use this app to combine multiple images into one drawing... for example placing an animal's head on a person's body ...
You can use this app to write intricate lettering on anything...
You can use this app to create anamorphic drawings that look 3D...
The possibilities are endless!
- Make drawing or paintings of any size
- Lessons to learn the fundamentals of drawing that teach you how to draw without the app
- In app video tutorials on how to use Da Vinci Eye
- Feed to curated YouTube drawing tutorials to help you learn
- Use any picture you like
- Filters to apply to your images to make drawing easier
- Zoom in to capture micro details in your drawings
- Strobe picture on and off so that you can compare your drawing to the actual image
- Excellent app support!
Releasing new versions every about 2 months, on average.
UI Fixes for iPhone X
Record your drawings!
NEW FEATURE: Lesson of the day!
New Features in Classic Mode!
Fixed in app purchase and restore purchase bug
Fixed Step by Step Bug
- New image breakdown mode... separates the image you want to draw into different shades for you to trace.
The new and improved DVE
- Added a splash screen with an intro video
Minor bug fixes
- Less Ads!
Fixed a few bugs
- Minor bug fixes
|Previous 3 versions|