About & Pics
Read prescriptions and interpret sig codes in this educational game that can be helpful in training for:
• Pharmacy Technician
• Medical Assistant
• Healthcare workers
Rxpert simulates REAL prescriptions using pharmacy sig codes that a Medical Doctor (MD) or other practitioner write. Players will read prescriptions displayed and determine what translation is appropriate to write for a patient. Much like a real pharmacy, players will need to be both accurate and fast at translating from sig codes to everyday English.
•••2 gtt AS TID••• would be translated to "Place 2 drops into the left ear three times daily"
For those that are read to take their training to the next level - Rxpert allows for the text prescriptions to be replaced with HANDWRITTEN Doctors prescriptions. These In-App Purchases are in packs of 20 handwritten prescriptions that will challenge players to no only interpret doctors shorthand but also interpret their handwriting.
This is a simple fill in the blank game with a pharmacy twist.
• Two boxes at the top of the screen display a prescription on top and a partially filled out translation below.
• Pick the proper scrolling capsules with the corresponding correct translations. If you miss it, don't worry it will scroll back around
• Use the small circular number buttons for single digit numbers (such as 2). Pick the numbered capsules for double digit numbers or more complex numbers (such as 50 or 1/2)
• You have 30 seconds for each prescription
• Two wrong answers advances you to the next prescription
• Unique numbers such as 1/2 or double digit numbers such as 50 will be selected in the scrolling capsules
• The faster you answer the more valuable your answers will be. Longer prescriptions with more blanks will have more points available.
• There are 2 levels of difficulty: Easy and Expert
Easy: Slower scrolling capsules with very few blanks
Expert: Faster scrolling capsules with almost all blanks
• Prescriptions included allow you to choose if you want only the Free text prescriptions used
• Rx Pack 1,2, and 3 give you the option to use REAL prescriptions to decipher. This is best for real world training.
Pharmacy Sig Codes can be tough to remember. Recalling them in a short amount of time can be even more difficult. This is the only game that you can work on BOTH your recollection of sig codes as well as your speed of entry.
Health Care workers such as Pharmacy Technicians (CPhT), Medical Assistants, or certain nurses may find this game useful. Pharmacy Technicians studying for their PTCB exam may find this especially useful and more entertaining than other study methods.
A complete graphical overhaul! The same functionality now in a much prettier game.
Fixed "Ad Space" placement on title screen.
Fixed "Remove Ads" button