About & Pics
Small acts of kindness with global impact!
• Dubai Expo 2020 Global Innovator
• Winner of Google Play Awards 2018 - Best Accessibility Experience
• Winner of GOV Design Awards 2018 - Digital Experience
Lend your eyes to a blind person in need through a live video connection or be assisted by the network of sighted users.
Be My Eyes is all about contributing and benefiting from small acts of kindness, so hop on board and get involved!
Blind or visually impaired users can request help from a sighted volunteer, who will be notified on their phone. As soon as the first sighted user accepts the request for help, a live audio-video connection will be set up between the two parts. The sighted helper can now assist the blind or visually impaired, through the video connection from the blind or visually impaired user’s rear-facing camera.
As a sighted user, you are part of the big Be My Eyes volunteer-network, so don’t worry about leaving a blind person hanging, if you are not able to answer a request. We will simply forward the request and find the next available volunteer.
The blind or visually impaired person can need help with anything from knowing the expiry date on the milk, to making sure that their clothes match.
Note: We encourage blind or visually impaired users to be patient, when making a request, because we rely on real people to help you. Most calls are answered within 60 seconds.
- Live audio-video connection between blind or visually impaired and sighted users
- Add the languages you speak in settings
- An easy way to make a difference for blind or visually impaired people
Releasing new versions every 29 days, on average.
Minor bug fixes and improvements
Google sign in option
- Minor fixes
- Minor fixes
We’re delighted to offer a brand new feature: Community Stories.
- Fixed issues when creating a call.
- Change email feature
- Bluetooth headset support
- Better support for extra large font sizes
Fixed an issue for devices without torch
- Provide a message when no volunteers could be found
- Fixes a bug where some volunteers could not see the test video
|Previous 3 versions|