About & Pics
Deployed Medicine is an innovative learning service developed to supplement the medical education and training of U.S. military personnel, although some of the medical content could be broadly applied for use by civilian medical providers. The information contained in this app is designed to serve as a supplementary resource to reinforce prior training, and to help you deliver high quality trauma care in deployed settings.
The medical content currently focuses on tactical combat casualty care (TCCC) training for combat medical personnel, and includes topics, such as hemorrhage control, airway management, hypothermia, pain control and care of wounds and splinting etc. TCCC focuses of providing the information you need to know to assess, treat and stabilize a patient at the point of injury.
Additional content will be added over time to cover a broad range of military trauma training resources ranging from the most basic training, suitable for non-medical military personnel, and more advanced material for doctors, nurses and physicians assistants.
• Pocket Guides offer short and compact learning modules.
• Videos from peers teach you “how-to” perform a skill in under 3 minutes, and other information.
• Podcasts provide key updates from experts.
• Reference Repository contains important reference materials or the “why” behind the techniques and information being taught.
• The app is designed to work online and offline to accommodate use in the field and while traveling abroad.
• In app alerts will keep you up-to-date and connected to the latest information.
The Deployed Medicine app was created by a multidisciplinary team of medical, learning and software engineers in close collaboration with U.S. military experts. All medical content contained in this app was reviewed and approved by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care, which is composed of trauma experts from across the U.S. Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines.
The Deployed Medicine app is a research and development effort sponsored by the Defense Health Agency in Falls Church, Virginia.
Releasing new versions every about 2 months, on average.
- This release introduces instructor-led courses. You can now register for courses that your instructor is teaching and prepare for classroom instruction. Once your instructor provides you a course code, enroll in the course by entering the code directly in the Courses tab or by browsing to the specific course in the Collections tab.
Users can now view downloaded content in their library when offline.
- Updated for the new All Service Members Course
- Updated carousel banners.
- New carousel banner added for the CoTCCC Recommended Devices & Adjuncts document.
We have reworked and improved the experience of viewing downloaded books. You can continuously scroll between chapters. We now support the ability to zoom into images inside of downloaded books as well.
- You can now search for all content across all collections.
Your Library now includes content that you've previously downloaded. Now, when you sign into other devices you will find all your previous content in your Library.
You will see some improvements to how we present collections to you. We've also fixed a crash that some of you have seen. Spoiler alert! We are working on a new version which saves your content to a cloud library so you can download the same content on other devices.
• Fix crash that some users experienced while browsing collections.
• Fix crash that was introduced in the previous release.
• A brand new Collections home screen has been added that displays featured content and allows access to a growing number of content collections.
- Now with Pocket Guides! We've changed Study Guides to Pocket Guides.
Numerous under-the-hood improvements and bug fixes.
- Bug fixes related to content downloads.
Minor bug fixes/improvements
- NewsFeed bug fix.
• Subscribe to the TCCC market to enable push notifications for new and updated content and relevant news.
Click to see more