About & Pics
SketchBook for Everybody!
At Autodesk, we believe creativity starts with an idea. From quick conceptual sketches to fully finished artwork, sketching is at the heart of the creative process. You never know when a great idea will strike, so access to fast and powerful creative sketching tools is an invaluable part of any creative process.
For this reason, we are excited to announce that the fully featured version of SketchBook is now FREE for everyone!
Releasing new versions every about 2 months, on average.
We are excited to announce that the fully featured version of SketchBook is now FREE for everyone!
For iPhone X users, the Gallery now works as expected and iCloud saving has been restored.
Got a new iPhone X? Lucky you. We carved out a notch ;-) in our UI just for you. And squashed a few bugs for everyone else while we were at it.
•You can now drag and drop sketches from the SketchBook Gallery into other apps.
**We're giving you 30% off Pro Subscription.
We have addressed the following issues in this release:
• We've listened to your comments and thank you for all the feedback! For 4.1, we have updated to support iOS 10 and above. This means people using certain devices, such as an iPad 4, iPhone 5, or iPhone 5C, can now download and use the app.
As part of our last update, we introduced a pixel preview. The intent was to increase rendering speed while zooming in an out of the canvas, by reducing the number of pixels presented. This was confusing, and in some cases, the reduced number of pixels stayed reduced, even after zooming, resulting in your images looking pixelated. We made two changes to address this: we fixed a bug to restore the correct pixel density after zooming, and we also added a preference to disable this reduced pixel density when zooming in. This new feature is called Pixel Preview, and can be toggled on or off from your in-app preferences. This update introduces the preference Pixel Preview (https://help.sketchbook.com/mobile/preferences/#general) to address the pixelation issues in version 4.0.
Welcome to the future of SketchBook! We’ve added new features, significantly improved performance, and made the most robust update to SketchBook on iOS in our history. Here are a few highlights:
• SketchBook has a new drawing and rendering engine, which enables canvas sizes up to 100 mpx, a huge undo stack, unlimited* layers, and a faster and more responsive drawing experience on all 64-bit iOS devices (especially iPad Pro and Apple Pencil).
• Previously existing brushes have been optimized for the new drawing engine and we added several new brush sets. SketchBook now has over 170 customizable brushes, including texture brushes, to meet the demands of all types of artists and designers.
• For 64-bit iPad and iPad Pro users, use Rapid UI mode, as a convenient way to access full menus in full-screen mode, without toggling the interface on and off. When in Rapid UI mode, access the layer, brush, and color editors, by placing your thumb on the edge of the screen and swiping up or down to change menus. While holding down your non-dominant thumb, make a selection in the editor with your drawing hand. Lift your non-dominant thumb to make the entire interface disappear (a quick tutorial will appear the first time you open the app after this update).
• To access common menu items, like the Color Picker, Eraser, Flip Canvas, Last Brush, and the Double Puck, tap the translucent circle at the bottom of the canvas and make a selection. As you gain muscle-memory for these tools, simply tap-and-flick in the direction of the tool you want and to automatically select it.
• Create perfectly symmetrical drawings with X, Y, X-Y, and radial symmetry tools. Reposition the line of symmetry, anywhere on the canvas, for precise control. Use up to 16 sectors of radial symmetry for precise radial sketches.
• Use the popular Predictive Stroke feature from the desktop version of SketchBook in iOS. When enabled, if you draw a line, Predictive Stroke makes your line straight. If you draw a basic shape, Predictive Stroke will correct your shape into precise circles, rectangles, and triangles. If you are drawing freehand and want to apply smoothing, Predictive Stroke will add the right amount of smoothing to curved lines.
• Try the new ruler and ellipse tools to place precise lines or elliptical shapes, such as circles in perspective, by adjusting the position, size, rotation, and aspect ratio of the drawing guides.
As always, thank you for drawing in SketchBook! Let us know what you think of the new SketchBook on Instagram (@AutodeskSketchBook), Twitter (@sketchbookapp), and Facebook (/AutodeskSketchBook). Need help? Visit SketchBook.com for product information, tutorials, and support (https://help.sketchbook.com/knowledgebase/).
For iPhone users, many of you missed using your Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus with SketchBook, so we brought this back.
•Compatibility update for Wacom® stylus
We designed the interface of SketchBook to keep you in the zone, free of distractions, so you can focus on drawing. We know that sometimes the screen you're drawing on is small, so we added a feature to hide interface elements that are a little too close to your finger when drawing.
Now, purchase a SketchBook Subscription using your iTunes account, right here on your mobile device. A SketchBook Subscription unlocks the SketchBook Pro features across all your Mac and IOS (iPad, iPhone and iPodTouch) devices with a single purchase.
This is a small update to improve the performance of the app for artists using Apple Pencil and other types of Bluetooth-connected styluses.
◆Bringing your paper sketches into the digital world just got a lot easier. We help you to scan a drawing with perspective correction and background clean-up to make it into digital art. Import drawings from your sketchbook into SketchBook for a seamless transition from physical art to digital. Scan Sketch has three modes:
◆The efficiency of file saving has greatly improved. Large canvases are two times faster!
Any questions or comments can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fix offset issue when quickly drawing multiple lines
- Inking brush – the most wanted SketchBook desktop brush is now yours on mobile
Your favorite drawing app is now ready for the all new iPad Pro and Apple Pencil! Here is what we added to make the best drawing experience with these new devices:
Our big announcement: Introducing Sketch This; Find inspiration when you need it with new daily drawing challenges from the DeviantArt community right inside of SketchBook.
-Address stylus issue on iOS 9
Here’s the updates you’ll find in this version of SketchBook:
- Provide “save as” option before entering the gallery view.
- Bug fixes.
***Special limited-time price on Pro tools – Ends Thursday!***
- iPhone6/6 Plus support
• Fixed an issue with the selection tool when used with some 3rd party pens.
Here’s the updates you’ll find in this version of SketchBook:
|Previous 3 versions|