About & Pics
INCLUDED: Text for the entire Torah, all Haftarah readings traditionally connected to every Shabbat and Holiday, and the five Megillot displayed in our easy-to-read Hebrew fonts; Audio for blessings and trope charts included. NOT INCLUDED: Audio for any reading. Get audio for readings via in-app purchase: One Shabbat or Holiday (US$7.99 each), All Torah and Haftarah readings (US$59.99), or discounted price for All 66 Torah, Haftarah and Megillah readings (US$79.99).
Desktop Mac or PC TropeTrainer™ software Version 5 Deluxe owners qualify to buy audio for US$0.99 for “All readings”; Standard owners, “All Torah and Haftarah readings”; Megillah edition owners, “All Megillot” audio.
Tutorials, music score and printing not included in app.
#1 selling TropeTrainer™ software is “The Best Way to Learn Chanting Torah, Haftarah and Megillot.” After more than a decade of world-wide use of the desktop version, TropeTrainer is the gold standard for Bar/Bat Mitzvah teachers, cantors, rabbis and Jewish educators.
Now get the same TropeTrainer clarity, accuracy and flexibility on your iPhone and iPad with the TropeTrainer™ Mobile app.
State-of-the-art Hebrew speech synthesis* lets you hear every word with the ultimate chanting accuracy and flexibility. (In-app purchase needed for audio). Double-tap a word to hear it, select a word and play the rest of the verse, aliyah or entire reading. A cursor follows audio for easy place finding in the Hebrew and side-by-side English translation; Trope Combination charts allow you to see, hear and learn the 70+ combinations of tropes found in each type of reading.
Blessings before & after Torah, Haftarah and Megillah readings are included.
Speeds & improves their students’ studies.
Great for Bar/Bat Mitzvah study. Required by B'nei Mitzvah teachers worldwide.
Used and recommended by teachers of special-needs students.
> Innovative Reading List for fast, easy access to any reading. Scroll through list of upcoming readings by date, or select your reading through TropeTrainer’s comprehensive Jewish calendar.
> Select from over 30 Torah chanting melodies including several selections for the special High Holidays melodies, plus two dozen Haftarah melodies.
> Jump directly to any aliyah or chapter
> Shabbat audio includes standard morning and afternoon Torah readings, plus verses for special maftir and Haftarah readings read with that sedra following Ashkenazi, Sephardi, Lubavitch, Frankfurt and Italian customs. (In-app purchase required to hear the chanting.)
> Adjust the chanting speed, pitch, accent, and vocal range so you don’t struggle to match a pre-recorded voice.
> Switch among three views: Chumash (vowels & chanting symbols), Torah script, and two column Tikkun with both styles
> Turn on colored highlighting of the three most common trope groups’ phrases
> The app automatically calculates correct reading options for each year (combined & separate sedras, special maftirs, Haftarah & Holiday readings), and shows you only the verses for the year you want.
> Annual & Triennial Cycle Torah readings
> Create Custom Readings with only the verses your congregation uses for each aliyah or Haftarah reading
> Recent reading list shows the last 16 readings you opened.
> Shva Na/Shva Nach, Qamats Katan/Qamats Gadol & Munach Legarmeh are clearly marked.
Combined or separate Torah readings, special readings, annual or triennial cycle, the Torah schedule in the Diaspora and in Israel, complicated Holiday readings for both full and intermediate Holiday days, even custom sets of verses. TropeTrainer Mobile automatically shows you the texts you need and puts the end-of-aliyah and end-of-reading melodies where they belong, not just where someone recorded them.
TropeTrainer is a trademark of Kinnor Software, Inc.
*Powered by DECtalk text-to-speech synthesis. DECtalk is a trademark of SpeechFX, Inc.
Releasing new versions every 4 months, on average.
- Fixed compatibility with iPhone SR
- Fixed compatibility with iPhone X
Improved compatibility with TropeTrainer(tm) software Version 6.
- Haftarah for D'varim with Eichah melody now opens properly
- iPhone 6s: Tapping to select a reading list row now works.
- Includes 64-bit version for faster performance on newer iOS devices.
-Machar Chodesh haftarah now shows in Shabbat readings in Israel.
Now really opens properly on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
(plus what we added last week in 1.7)
- Fixes display issues with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+, and iOS 8
- Fixes inability to get in-app purchases.
- Opening readings around 30% faster
- Stereo output via earphones works again
- English translation no longer truncates some lines
- Correct Haftarah for 7th day of Pesach in Israel now displayed
- Added "Joel" option for Vayeitzei Haftarah
- Corrected Haftarah options for Pesach Shabbat Chol HaMoed so description matches text
- Israeli Independance Day now shows on correct calendar day (Tuesday) when 5 Iyyar falls on Monday.
- Owners of desktop Mac or PC TropeTrainer™ software Version 5 qualify for free audio:
- Now includes blessings after Haftarah reading for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Sh'mini Atzeret/Simchat Torah, Pesach, Shavuot and Public Fast Days.
- Increased size of English font in translations
- Purchasers of "All Torah and Haftarah readings" can now hear audio for readings that span multiple sedrot, e.g. a reading that has all paragraphs of Sh'ma
- When opening a long Holiday's reading (e.g. Sukkot) from the Calendar, the correct options for the year are listed.
- Proper verses now displayed for Shabbat Rosh Chodesh haftarah when normal readings such as Re'eh are read.
- When opening a reading after opening a blessing or trope chart, the reading's book name is no longer obscured by the first line of Hebrew text.
- Keyboard entry of custom reading names in iOS7 fixed
- Renaming custom reading now renames reading instead of just creating a new entry with the old name
- Accidentally touching a control in the Buy Audio window while moving the window no longer causes control to be activated
- Extra word "Haftarah" no longer appears in all Haftarah reading titles.
-- Slider switches in Settings window now correctly retain their setting, even if user moves switch vertically while swiping, or swipes beyond edge of switch or window.
-- Custom readings with High Holidays melodies now correctly open and have audio if purchased.
-- Reading list for "Today" or from selecting a date on a calendar now correctly shows next reading for a weekday date (instead of holiday) when a holiday falls immediately after the selected date (e.g. on Thursday with V'zot Ha'bracha as the reading--just before Yom Kippur--V'zot Ha'bracha is properly selected instead of Yom Kippur).
-- In-app Purchases button added to main window
-- List of downloaded in-app purchases for TropeTrainer(™) added to bottom of In-app purchase window.
- Easier to avoid accidentally selecting a word while scrolling a reading.
- To prevent confusion regarding which melody setting to edit, the audio (Melody) options when viewing a reading now only shows the melody for the type of reading currently displayed.
- Mileil words with a maqaf now properly accented.
- Last phrase of blessings before Haftarah and before Megillot now chanted with regular sof-pasuk melody rather than end-of-haftarah or end-of-chapter melody.
- In-app purchase of Kohelet now works
- Reform Alternate Yom Kippur Mincha Torah reading now shows proper verses
|Previous 3 versions|