IF YOU ARE USING THE SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, YOU FURTHER AGREE TO THE USE, COLLECTION, PROCESSING, AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IN THE UNITED STATES OR OTHER COUNTRIES, AND YOU ALSO AGREE THAT SUCH PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE PRIVACY LAWS AND OTHER LAWS OF THESE COUNTRIES.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us.
We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, username, password, demographic information (such as your gender and occupation) as well as other information you directly give us when you register for the Services ("Personally Identifiable Information").
Information Automatically Collected.
We automatically log information about you, your computer or your mobile device when you visit our website or access the Services ("Non-Personal Information"). For example, when visiting our website, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our website. If you use a mobile device to access the Services we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
Information We Get From Others.
Cookies and Web Beacons.
We employ technologies such as clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), tags and scripts to help us better manage content by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track online usage metrics. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer or device, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We do tie the information gathered by clear gifs to Personally Identifiable Information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use your Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to communicate about promotions, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners.
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to link or combine user information with other Personally Identifiable Information.
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- We use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide and deliver products and services customers request.
We use Non-Personal Information for the purposes of analyzing use of the Services and for internal business purposes.
We also aggregate any information we receive in anonymized form (meaning after having stripped this information of personally identifying characteristics) ("Anonymized Data") to compile analytics, understand trends and customer needs. Such information may include data about mobile applications' downloads, installs and uninstalls, advertising revenues and in app purchases.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share Personally Identifiable Information as follows:
- We may share Personally Identifiable Information with your consent. For example, you may let us share Personally Identifiable Information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
- We may share Personally Identifiable Information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share Personally Identifiable Information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us or third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
We also share Anonymized Data with our clients for their own uses.
The Services may contain references, frames, links and other functionality that connect with certain internet websites, applications or resources, or social media platform or services maintained by third parties ("Links"). These Links are provided for your convenience only. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, features, products, services, privacy policies or terms of service on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by us of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources, or its owners, sponsors or operators.
You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the content, products or services on or available from such websites or resources, privacy policies or terms of service of any other third party, including, without limitation, any social media platform.
We are very serious about keeping your Personally Identifiable Information safe. We provide reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information submitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. However, the Internet is not a secure environment and we do not warrant that Personally Identifiable Information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach despite the security protections undertaken by us. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personally Identifiable Information. No data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have any questions about security on our website and the Services, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our website with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our website works for you.
You may access, review, change, delete and update the Personally Identifiable Information you have submitted to us at any time via our website or the Services. If you wish to limit use or to limit the disclosure, please contact us at email@example.com. You may close or request that we delete your Apptopia account at any time. While we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your Personally Identifiable Information (although some information may be retained, for example, some information may be retained on a backup server or media, which is necessary to help ensure the continued availability of the Services), we will not delete any Aggregated Data (as defined in Apptopia’s Terms of Service) which was compiled using Anonymized Data gathered prior to closing of your Apptopia account.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
POLICY TOWARD CHILDREN
We do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16, and you must be 16 years of age or older in order to establish an account with Apptopia or otherwise use the Services. In the event you become aware that an individual under the age of 16 has enrolled, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove their information from our system immediately.
This Policy was last Updated on April 16, 2018.