Jobs at Apptopia -Analyst
Equity & Data Analyst
Apptopia is one of the fastest-growing mobile data providers in the world today. We started the company in 2011, however, our superpower over the last 4 years has been our ability to accurately estimate downloads, revenue, and usage performance for every mobile app in the world. As a result, we’ve built a very healthy business by providing competitive intelligence to some of today's biggest companies: McDonald's, Target, Visa, Facebook, Microsoft, etc.
We’ve recently discovered that not only are our mobile performance estimates accurate, but they actually have a very strong correlation with KPIs reported by public companies as well as the stock price. Hedge funds have been one of our faster-growing markets, and are using our data to get an edge/signal on earnings prior to them being released.
This is a new role that presents a unique opportunity for an equity analyst to help us build out and grow our analyst team internally (currently at 0).Your Mission Statement:
Put simply, we are looking for a data-hungry analyst to combine skills in analytics, modeling, and critical thinking to derive insights that discover value in public markets worldwide.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Distill stock-specific and broader industry investment theses into discrete, quantifiable, and actionable research studies.
- Help us deeply understand individual companies and their sectors, and translate insights into scalable and diversifying alpha.
- Build out case studies and correlation research every quarter on which public equities our data has the strongest correlation with.
- Work directly with existing clients to help make sure they are approaching their research correctly and working with our data in the most productive way possible.
- Work on forecasting models which use existing data to project trends up to 30 days in the future.
- Deep research on industries and companies including quarterly and monitoring material news events related to companies under coverage.
- 2+ years of prior work experience as an equity research analyst; coverage of multiple sectors.
- Intermediate technical skills required.
- Must have experience ingesting and processing large amounts of data.
- Experience investing in equities and passion for the stock market.
- Modeling & forecasting experience a strong preference.
- Structured, disciplined, and scalable investment process.
- Intellectual curiosity and motivation to innovate and improve.
- 401K plan
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- HSA spending account
- Free lunch on Fridays
- Life Improvement Benefit (monthly stipend)
- Flexible work from home policy
Backed by powerhouse investors like Mark Cuban and ABS Capital, Apptopia specializes in providing competitive intelligence to mobile app publishers, software development kit (SDK) developers, mobile ad networks, and investment funds by estimating worldwide downloads, revenues, and active users for every mobile app. We also provide in-depth SDK analysis and recognition. Our actionable app store data and intuitive business intelligence tool help companies like Google, Facebook, and Verizon make more informed decisions. Apptopia has been recognized for 3 consecutive years in the Boston Business Journal’s Fast 50, as one of the City’s fastest-growing startups.
Apptopia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success! Apptopia is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
We provide highly accurate data and intelligence on the mobile app industry by estimating downloads, revenues, and active users for every mobile app in every world. We also provide deep SDK analysis and recognition. Our actionable app store data and intuitive business intelligence tool helps companies like Facebook, Visa, & Lyft make more informed decisions.