Jobs at Apptopia -Marketing
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Apptopia is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager to join a dynamic, data-driven team in rapid-scale mode.
Apptopia is one of the fastest-growing mobile data providers in the world. Our superpower over the last five years has been our ability to accurately estimate downloads, revenue, and usage performance for every mobile app in the world. Our data provides deep insight into customer behaviors, enabling brands to build user acquisition strategies, direct product development, and benchmark against competitors. We have built a fast-growing business by providing competitive intelligence to help companies like Google, Facebook, and Verizon make more informed decisions. Apptopia has been recognized for 3 consecutive years in the Boston Business Journal's Fast 50, as one of the City's fastest-growing startups.
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Product Marketing Manager. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will play a big role in driving forward our go-to-market strategy to deliver relevant, value-based messages to the market about our mobile intelligence platform. Collaborating and interlocking with your key stakeholders upstream (product management) and downstream (marketing, sales, and customer success) is crucial to your and our success. As such communication and relationship-building skills are paramount to this role.
We’re looking for an experienced individual who can own voice, value, and velocity. You will drive the team to understand where to play, who to serve, whom to beat, and what story will help us win with buyers and influencers. You will fuel velocity by enabling the revenue team with content and revenue plays (acquisition; retention; expansion) and serving as the captain for product launches.
If you can demonstrate that you have collaborated cross-functionally to guide go-to-market success and help reduce friction for sellers and buyers, read on.
- Partner with product management to gather market and competitive intelligence
- Size our market and evolve our GTM strategy
- Prioritize which customer segments and buyer needs to serve
- Refine buyer personas and their unique buying journeys
- Research and maintain competitive differentiation messaging, assets, and trends
- Craft a strategic narrative that tells our product story in the language of our buyer to form the basis for customer-centric content creation
- Work with demand gen to develop campaign themes that align with solution objectives
- Transfer knowledge to marketing, sales, and customer success via content on the market, competitors, buyers, and solutions
- Engage with the content team to ideate and create content to help sales and customer success engage in conversations that win
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, and customer success leaders to design, activate, and optimize plays that drive acquisition, retention, and expansion objectives
- Create feedback loops between sales, customer success, product, and leadership
- Orchestrate product/feature launches and releases by captaining and managing a cross-functional launch team
- Be an empathetic yet strong and decisive force for your team and your key stakeholders - product management, content marketing, sales, and demand gen
- Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of SaaS product marketing experience
- Self-starter; our scrappy, entrepreneurial attitude bonds us
- Innovative, outside-of-the-box approach to educating the team internally on product and positioning
- Collaborative; this role unifies teams that don’t always naturally work together, so understanding how to bridge gaps is key
- Outstanding communicator who is comfortable interacting with a diverse group of technical and non-technical people, including senior execs, sales, marketing, engineering, partners, and clients
- Able to understand and translate complex concepts in a way that internal and external stakeholders can quickly grasp
- Analytical, data-driven storyteller who can understand and meet the needs of a diverse target audience
- Ready to break sh!t!
What do we offer you?
- Flexible hours, location, and paid time off options
- Life Improvement Benefit (monthly stipend for employee wellness)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Free lunch on Fridays
Apptopia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. Apptopia is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks in underrepresented groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point above, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
We provide highly accurate data and intelligence on the mobile app industry by estimating downloads, revenues, and active users for every mobile app in every world. We also provide deep SDK analysis and recognition. Our actionable app store data and intuitive business intelligence tool helps companies like Facebook, Visa, & Lyft make more informed decisions.