Jobs at Apptopia -Product
UX Design Researcher
Apptopia is seeking a UX Design Researcher to join a dynamic, data-driven team at a scrappy startup in rapid scale mode!
Backed by powerhouse investors like Mark Cuban and ABS Capital, Apptopia specializes in providing competitive intelligence to mobile app publishers, software development kit (SDK) developers, mobile ad networks, and investment funds by estimating worldwide downloads, revenues, and active users for every mobile app. We also provide in-depth SDK analysis and recognition. Our actionable app-store data and intuitive business intelligence tool help companies like Google, Facebook, and Verizon make more informed decisions. Apptopia has been recognized for 3 consecutive years in the Boston Business Journal’s Fast 50, as one of the City’s fastest-growing startups.
As a UX Design Researcher, you'll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. Helping Apptopia to establish a world-class user research function. Using both quantitative and qualitative research methods to define both what we should build and how it should be built. This position reports directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Clearly define and passionately advocate for customer needs
- Work with our designers, product managers, and engineers to help shape our future strategy based on data-backed insights and recommendations.
- Identify user pain points and suggesting measurable actions to address them whilst also helping us achieve business objectives
- Translate business goals into research questions and developing research plans
- Determine the type of study most appropriate to gain the necessary insights including moderated and unmoderated testing, benchmarking, card sorting, interviews, and surveys.
- Recruit and schedule study participants
- Help create and manage the research roadmap and calendar
- Plan, prepare and carry out usability and concept testing
- Help track and monitor progress on the development and quality of the user experience.
- Create and maintain experience archetypes, workflows, scenarios, profiles, and reports to document and share insights about customer goals, behavior, and preferences
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience (SPECIALIZED a plus)
- Experience with B2B SaaS software
- A strong online portfolio that demonstrates how you have executed qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with Figma desired
- Flexible hours, location, and paid time off options
- Life Improvement Benefit (monthly stipend for employee wellness)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Free lunch on Fridays
Apptopia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success! Apptopia is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
We provide highly accurate data and intelligence on the mobile app industry by estimating downloads, revenues, and active users for every mobile app in every world. We also provide deep SDK analysis and recognition. Our actionable app store data and intuitive business intelligence tool helps companies like Facebook, Visa, & Lyft make more informed decisions.