Jobs at Apptopia -Research & Development
Principal Data Scientist
Apptopia is a data rich mobile analytics platform, giving MSPs, venture and private equity firms, and app publishers actionable insights from previously siloed data. Acquiring, aggregating, translating, and delivering performance data from various sources. We have great customers, including leading companies like McDonalds, Google, Bloomberg, Facebook, Target and Unity.
We are looking for a Principal Data Scientist to provide their expertise in our Data Acquisition and Modelling Team having a core influence on every piece of our product. We will look to you to work with Product and Engineering to develop intelligent algorithms and models that will be added to our product and used daily by our growing customer roster.
In this role, you should be experienced with big-data mining/analysis and machine-learning modeling. Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills are essential, as well as the desire to help drive a teamwork-oriented approach to ownership and execution to increase product value. We want to see a passion for research since this role will also take part in the highest impact projects in which we'll want to understand product value early in the process – leading to moving fast but ever so intelligently. You should be adept at the practical application of data science techniques to solve real world problems.
If this sounds like you then we may be looking for you to join our Data Acquisition/Modeling Team and help us improve our product from the very beginning of the funnel while building a highly experienced, effective and respectful team.
- Take part and in many cases lead the thought process in our ever-improving core modeling efforts
- Build intelligently reactive correlation models - Continuously research the best approach and how to improve accuracy and coverage
- Help develop our ability to predictively ascertain valuable edge cases in our various data sources – think group-based trajectory
- Help in discovering new signal in our current datasets
- Participate in validating new datasets attained through collections and partnerships
- Provide [dis]proof-of-concept for data focused theories and possible opportunities
- Be able to quickly adapt to the end business goal driven by a customer focused approach
- Familiarize yourself with the mobile ecosystem and the capabilities living outside the box
- Must want to work in a very collaborative environment
- Undertake to preprocess structured and unstructured data
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams daily
Requirements And Skills
- Minimum 4 years of proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Proven knowledge of machine-learning and operations research
- Decision Trees / Random Forest, GLM, Gradients
- Experiment Design
- Regressions (Reactive)
- Text Analysis
- Predictive Modeling
- Group-Based Trajectory
- Proficiency in SQL, Clojure
- Knowledge of Cassandra, Druid, Hyperion, Ruby a plus
- Experience using business intelligence tools (i.e. Tableau) is a great advantage
- Analytical mind and business oriented approach
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Respectful and confident communication/presentation skills
- B.Sc/BA in Math / Statistics / Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
What do we offer you?
- Flexible hours, location, and paid time off options
- Life Improvement Benefit (monthly stipend for employee wellness)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Company-sponsored 401(k)
- Free lunch on Fridays
Apptopia is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success. Apptopia is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
We provide highly accurate data and intelligence on the mobile app industry by estimating downloads, revenues, and active users for every mobile app in every world. We also provide deep SDK analysis and recognition. Our actionable app store data and intuitive business intelligence tool helps companies like Facebook, Visa, & Lyft make more informed decisions.