About & Pics
Old Occitan, also called Old Provençal, was formerly spoken in what is now the south of France, but is studied today as the language of the troubadours who revolutionised lyric poetry across southern Europe. Liberation Philology Old Occitan helps you learn its vocabulary and grammar through a continuous multiple-choice test that's readily available everywhere you take your phone.
• Vocabulary: Each of 150 levels tests you on the translation of 10 words between Old Occitan and English, selected for their appropriateness to Occitan literature. Interspersed among these are cumulative levels reviewing what has been learned earlier (giving a total of 169 levels).
• Verbs: Tests your ability to parse and conjugate a full range of regular and irregular Old Occitan verbs. As the language was never fully standardised, many forms are presented in multiple spellings or variants, to ensure that you learn to recognise the many possibilities.
In both cases, your answers are immediately confirmed or corrected, and your knowledge is reinforced through repetition. An additional Reference module allows you to easily review the vocabulary tables, or the paradigm for each verb.
Releasing new versions every 9 months, on average.
Updated for the latest devices and systems.
• Addresses a display issue on older devices and systems.
• Updated to take advantage of the latest systems and devices, including support for split-screen mode.
• Updated to take advantage of the latest devices and operating systems.
• Adds periodic cumulative levels to the Vocabulary module.
• Updated to better support the latest devices and operating system.
• Adapted for the iPhone 5's extended screen.
|Previous 3 versions|
This app has not yet been rated.