About & Pics
Ideal for board games, war games and RPG's like Dungeons & Dragons. Natural 20 is a dice rolling app which handles single and multiple dice rolls, and much more. Its comfortable to use, saves time, and its easier than carrying a box of dice to each game!
***************** Feature Summary *****************
- Handles single and multiple dice rolls.
- Default dice are D2, D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20 and D100.
- More dice can be added, with different colours and sides.
- Multiple Dice can be easily filtered and rerolled.
- Range Die gives you a random number in any range.
- Custom Die lets you choose the faces of the dice.
- Direction Die points you in a random direction.
- My Dice allows you to store custom sets of dice.
- Offers a Dice Calculator, Word Dice, Teachers Dice, and more!
- Stores a history of all your rolls.
- Custom probability distribution plots.
- iPad, iPhone and Apple Watch support.
- Voice Over support
- Cheaper than buying lots of dice!
*************** Feature Descriptions ***************
Natural 20 has fifteen screens of features, to help you manage your dice. Here's a brief description of them.
~ Quick Roll
Simply pick your dice, and you have an instant result. Ideal for Dungeons & Dragons, Quick Roll offers the following eight dice; D2, D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20 and D100.
~ Multiple Dice
In multiple dice mode you can mix your dice together as you please. Multiple dice mode has been designed with Warhammer in mind, and you can easily filter the dice at the touch of a button. The remaining dice can be rolled again to find out how many enemies you wound. Stats, such as average and the sum, are displayed for each roll saving you counting on screen. Buttons are provided to remove the highest or lowest rolls, as well as any range in between.
Great for large numbers of dice, or combinations with a modifier.
~ Roll History
Natural 20 keeps track of all your rolls, so you can prove you actually rolled that 20! The dice stored in your history can be easily re-rolled and filtered. You can move the dice around the screen, and it will remember your order.
~ Custom Die
Custom Die lets you choose the sides of the dice, by separating them with commas. Natural 20 will pick a single item, or order them randomly into a list.
~ Range Die
Pick any range, and receive a random number. Your three most rolled ranges are available at the press of a button.
~ Teachers Die
Handy for the classroom, this die will be helpful for Maths and English. You can use it to randomly pick letters, numbers and mathematical operators. When picking letters you can specify if they are upper or lowercase, and also pick between vowels and consonants.
~ Colour Die
This will give you a random colour, just run your finger across the screen like a paintbrush. Displayed on the screen will be some basic information. For example the colour’s hex number, HSB and RGB values.
~ Direction Die
This will point you in a totally random direction with each spin. Swipe the screen to spin it, however you can only influence which way it spins, not the outcome!
~ Success Die
Repeatedly rolls D6’s, discarding when they fail to meet a certain value. The total successes are displayed.
~ Word Die
Keep collections of words, to randomise at a touch. Ideal for selecting locations and enemies randomly. You can even randomise your words as a whole list.
~ My Dice
My Dice allows you to save your own collections of dice, along with a description and optional modifier. These can be easily searched through, and rolled from a single tap.
~ Dice Builder
Chose how many sides your dice have, and their colours!
Distribution allows you to create probability distribution plots for specified dice. These will show you the percentage chance of rolling a particular face value, and you can compare actual rolls against theoretical results. However, large numbers of dice can take a long time to calculate for theoretical plots.
Releasing new versions every 3 months, on average.
- New "Coordinate Die" has been added
Thank you to everyone who's taken the time to write a review, or email me a suggestion. I do read them all, and I'm sorry if I've not included yours this time round.
- Fixed a bug with Quick Roll's D2 on certain iPads
- Fixed a bug which prevented the D2 from being rolled, using Quick Roll, in iOS 6 and 7.
- Fixed a bug, where the dice rolling sound interrupted background music.
- Reduced overall app size. Apologies for such a large increase in 4.0, this was a much greater problem than I anticipated. This originated from the new assets, required to display ten different coloured dice. Thanks to tinypng.com, I have been able to achieve far better compression than using Photoshop. Impact on image quality is minimal, and I will look at reducing app size further in future updates.
- Choose between ten different colours of dice using the Dice Builder.
- Shake to Roll
Thank you to everyone who took the time to send me feedback. I'm sorry if you're request isn't in this version, but I will definitely be looking at them for the future.
- A Teacher's Die has been added
- Translation to French
- Quick Roll; Swiping left or right now re-rolls the dice.
- Compatible with iOS7
- Bugfix to Multiple Dice. After rolling your dice, altering the slider caused the "or less" and "or more" buttons to lose their numbers. This version fixes this issue.
- Custom collections of dice can be saved. These allow a description and an optional modifier
- Natural 20 now keeps a history of your last 50 rolls
- New tab added for custom dice. Pick any number of sides between 1 and 999999999, and it will provide a result.
- In Quick Roll, double tapping the dice will roll it again
- Natural 20 now rolls multiple dice
|Previous 3 versions|