About & Pics
Subscribe to The Independent Daily Edition, which features all the award-winning journalism from our newspaper, designed for a premium digital experience on your iPad and iPhone.
Keep-up-to date with the latest global headlines as well as articles, analysis and opinion from our award-winning columnists. Your new digital daily edition of The Independent gives you todays’ stories behind the headlines, with full global coverage of what is happening around the world and sections to enjoy such as News, Voices, Culture, Lifestyle, Business, Tech and Sport.
- Read our truly independent political analysis, international reportage, in-depth business coverage, tech and lifestyle articles, free-thinking opinions and more today and every day.
- Follow our award-winning writers, including Robert Fisk on the Middle East, and our top feature writers, including the acclaimed Simon Calder on Travel and Mark Hix on Food.
- Play interactive Crossword, Codeword and Sudoku puzzles each day on your iPad or IPhone
The latest digital edition will automatically download each morning for you to enjoy through the day and stay up to date with todays headlines and breaking news stories. The Independent Daily Edition presents a far more digital native reading experience for readers, the app is universal and tailored to whatever device you choose to read it upon. The app allows for font size changes, portrait or landscape orientation and plenty of other convenient user friendly qualities.
News, Voices, Section 2, Obituaries, Business, Tech, Lifestyle, Sport, Crossword, Codeword, Sudoku. Additional stories and content from weekend supplements The New Review, Radar, Traveller and The Independent Magazine on Saturday and Sunday including Entertainment, Restaurants, Interiors, Gardening, Travel, Living, Cars and Property
The Independent Daily Edition offers you quality news commentary, informed political opinion, business updates, finance issues with detailed coverage of national and global headlines and incisive articles from an award winning team of journalists. Download the app today and start to discover the future of newspapers…
- Read the full range of The Independent’s content with simple navigation in an easy to use format
- Save stories and articles offline so that you can enjoy them later, at a time when it suits you
- Browse award-winning journalism, enjoy concise informative content on Culture, Tech and Lifestyle
- Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
- Comprehensive global sports coverage and the latest football results
The app is free to download and can be read in one of the following ways:
1) Weekly, Monthly and Annual subscriptions can be purchased and these subscriptions will auto-renew until you choose to cancel.
2) Existing Independent app subscribers can use the app by validating their email address and password within the app.
The weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions are auto-renewing subscriptions. Prices for the subscriptions are £2.99 for the seven day offering, £12.99 for one month and £149.99 for the annual subscription. Payment for this subscription will be charged to your iTunes account upon purchase. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings allowing them to be turned off. No cancellations of the current subscription are allowed during the active subscription period.
Releasing new versions every 3 months, on average.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
We regularly update the app to make sure you enjoy the best user experience.
Updates for iOS11
Fix to the log in process that was causing issues for some users
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
This update includes a couple of minor improvements. If you experience any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forgot password assistance for existing subscribers
We've added a 30-day archive of editions to the app, with auto-archiving so that you can set how long to keep editions on your device and manage storage.
Thank you for using the Independent Daily Edition app. In this release we have made stability improvements to reduce the number of crashes and made improvements to the design of the app especially on mobile devices.
If you need any assistance with our app please visit our Customer Services Helpdesk at independentnews.zendesk.com, and if you have time please leave a review on the App Store.
The Independent Daily Edition is an entirely new app from The Independent. Updated once a day the app contains all the award-winning journalism from our newspaper, designed for a premium experience on your iPad and iPhone.
Each edition is published separately so that you can return to a previous day's content and read more, or complete your crossword from earlier in the week. Articles from any edition can be saved into a bookmarked list to be read at your leisure.
Minor Bug fixes
- We’ve added a Feedback button into the menu, so please use it to send us feedback that will help us improve your app experience.
• We’ve added a Feedback button into the menu, so please use it to send us feedback that will help us improve your app experience.
• If you have a print & digital bundle you can now use your subscription from independentsubscriptions.co.uk to log into the app.
Bug fix: Videos that are embedded in articles now play correctly.
Minor Updates & Improvements
- Improvements to social login
- Brand new Video section
Performance and stability improvements
Minor product improvements
Version 3.0 of the Independent app is a complete rebuild, providing:
Subscribers will also have access to:
- Improved purchase and registration flows for ease of access.
- Full iOS 6 support
Availability on Newsstand
Minor fixes and enhancements.
|Previous 3 versions|