Smithsonian Mobile is your digital mobile guide to the Smithsonian, built collaboratively with our visitors. Find out what’s on where, discover highlights, search our collections, access tours, podcasts and other apps. Add tips and photos from your visit for other visitors, or share your experiences and photos with Twitter and Facebook followers and friends.
What can you do with Smithsonian Mobile?
• Plan your visit with museum hours, locations, floor plans, and more. "Favorite” events and exhibitions to create your own custom tour or scrapbook of your visit.
• Find our other mobile apps and websites and dig deeper into our stories. Tour collection highlights, watch videos, and listen to podcasts.
• Search our collections to make connections between museums, history, art and science.
• Use augmented reality (AR), "Smithsonian that Way," to discover the behind-the-scenes work of the Smithsonian's museums, research centers, libraries, archives, and affiliates in your neighborhood.
We want to hear from you! Log in via Facebook or Twitter to comment on our museums, collections, exhibitions, and artifacts. Share your expertise or tips!
Continually refreshed and renewed by both visitors and Smithsonian experts, there’s always a reason to come back to Smithsonian Mobile whether you’re on the National Mall, in a Smithsonian museum or beyond!
Developed for the Smithsonian by Tristan Interactive.
Releasing new versions every 7 months, on average.
Resolved an issue accessing the menu bar on some screens for iPhone 10+ devices.
- Native support for iPhone X+ devices.
- Fixes an issue that caused the app to quit when opening the side menu on the home screen
Bug fixes for iOS9.
Support for iOS 8.
Our redesigned app makes it easier than ever to discover all the Smithsonian has to offer!
• Fresh new design makes it easy to learn about our museums and zoo.
Update includes performance enhancements and minor bug fixes. In addition, the "Smithsonian that way" feature now includes the ability to filter for Smithsonian Affiliate Museums in your neighborhood.
This update highlights the addition of the augmented reality feature as well as a redesign and overall improvements to performance and navigation.
Fixed search with multiple term queries.
Added iOS5 support
IMPORTANT BUG FIX:
Click to see more