About & Pics
Part of the Math Practice Tools CFS Bundle
Practice math word problems with addition and subtraction. Select problem types to focus on Result Unknown, Change Unknown, and Start Unknown. All answers are 20 or less on the iPad and 10 or less on the iPod. Select the range of sums/minuends for the problem sets.
On the iPad version:
• Set the range of sums/minuends from 1-5, 1-10, 1-20, 10-15, 15-20, 10-20.
• Select to use only addends and subtrahend/difference to 10 or include up to 20.
• Select whether or not to include zero as addend and subtrahend/difference.
On the iPod version:
• Set the range of sums/minuends from 1-5 and 1-10
Use manipulatives (and a "white board" on the iPad version) to help solve each problem. Includes an option to have the problem read aloud. Designed as part of the NumberSense program at Augustana College in Rock Island, IL.
Releasing new versions every about 1 year, on average.
• Updated to support iOS12 - thank you for your patience.
Changes in iPhone/iPod and iPad devices:
Changes that apply only to the iPad version:
Changes to iPad version:
Changes to iPod version:
The problem type selection options have not changed. May still select addition and subtraction problems with start unknown, change unknown, and result unknown.
Word Problems 1.3.4
• Now compatible with the newest, 4th Generation iPad. Works on all previous generations of the iPad and the new iPad mini.
Added an option to read the word problem aloud.
Now a Plus App
• Fixed a problem under iOS 5 where large portions of the screen would turn black.
|Previous 3 versions|