About & Pics
Remote Control for Kodi turns your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a remote control for Kodi, connecting through WiFi with Kodi running on any supported device like a Media PC, Windows PC, Mac or an AppleTV. Beautiful retina graphics support, designed for modern iOS releases, works with XBMC 12.x (Frodo) up to the latest Kodi 18.x (Leia).
With Remote Control for Kodi you can browse your video library on your iPhone or iPad; just flick through all of your movie thumbnails with your fingers, dive into a TV show and view its episodes by season, or start playing a movie or a TV show episode directly from the app.
Use Kodi as your music jukebox and browse your music library directly on your device, and start playing you favourite album, song or artist with just a tap of your finger.
All information about your music and video libraries is cached locally on your device, and can be browsed off-line.
A full range of remote control features such as navigation, player control, and more is included. For text input the on-screen keyboard can be used, as if the keyboard was directly connected to the machine running Kodi.
Designed for all sizes of iPhone and iPad devices, usability and robustness are key features. The app's user interface is designed to be clean and intuitive, building on interfaces and elements that are well known to iOS and Kodi users. Optimized for all iPhone and iPad models that support iOS 11, optimized for landscape and portrait mode on iPad, and tested with large music and video libraries for optimal performance.
Download Kodi at http://www.kodi.tv.
Follow @codemuse for updates on Remote Control for Kodi.
- Navigate Kodi using the conveniently placed navigation controls.
- Adapt volume via a slider, or precise increments and decrements using +/- buttons, a part of the interface that is always visible and within reach.
- Skip to next or previous item, fast-forward or rewind, stop and play/pause currently playing media, see progress or seek the currently playing media, through a part of the interface that is also always visible.
- Use on screen keyboard to enter text in input fields and Kodi's virtual keyboard.
- See currently playing media, including thumbnail.
- View status of connection with Kodi through indicator light.
- Browse your music library on your device. Browse artists, and dive into the albums-by-artist browser, including album art thumbnails.
- Start playing an album with a specific song, shuffle an album, and play or shuffle all songs by a single artist.
- Support for multiple disc albums.
- Browse your TV shows on your device, including a sophisticated episodes-by-season view, including season art thumbnails.
- Start playing a TV show episode directly from the TV show browser.
- Mark TV shows, seasons or episodes as watched or unwatched in the TV show browser.
- Browse your movies on your device, including a section index for large libraries.
- Start playing a movie directly from the movie browser.
- Mark movies as watched or unwatched in the movie browser.
- Instruct Kodi to update or clean the video or audio library.
- Configure host and port settings, either via in-application settings or using the iOS settings app.
- Quit Kodi, suspend, reboot or shutdown the system running Kodi.
- Use pull-to-refresh to refresh local library data.
- Library updates are downloaded in the background and cached locally, allowing off-line library browsing.
- iOS >= 11
- XBMC 12.x (Frodo) or 13.x (Gotham), or any version of Kodi 14.x (Helix) to Kodi 18.x (Leia)
- WiFi access to the machine running Kodi
- Control through HTTP enabled in Kodi
iOS ratings are temporarily unavailable.
Releasing new versions every 5 months, on average.
- Support new screen sizes for iPhone X, XS, XR and XS Max.
Fixes and support for iOS 11.
With this release it is now possible to mark TV show episodes and movies as watched or unwatched directly from the TV show or movie browser. Furthermore:
- Support for Kodi 17.x (Krypton).
With the release of Kodi 14.x (Helix) comes a new application name: "Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC", furthermore this release is optimized for iOS 8 and (finally) brings support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. And there's more:
- Added pull to refresh.
- NOTE: With the release of Kodi 14.x (Helix), Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC does not support XBMC 11.x (Eden) anymore. Please update your XBMC installation if you are still using XBMC 11.x.
- Improve performance of downloading TV show information.
- Complete iOS 7 redesign for both iPad and iPhone!
- Fix crash with Frodo when loading TV shows that have no associated banner or poster art.
Remote Control for XBMC is now a universal app and also supports iPhone and iPod touch!
The iPhone version is designed to be as robust and feature complete as the iPad version, and I believe it is even more beautiful, although that's subjective of course.
Besides all the effort that has gone into making the iPhone/iPod touch app, there's some generic changes too:
- Added rewind/fast-forward buttons for small skips (tap) and seeking (tap-and-hold).
NOTE: With the release of XBMC 12.0 (Frodo), Remote Control for XBMC does not support XBMC 10.0 (Dharma) anymore. Please upgrade your XBMC installation if you are still using XBMC 10.0.
Follow @codemuse for updates.
New application name: "Remote Control for XBMC". Many internal improvements
Yep, you read that correctly: support for iPhone and iPod touch devices is
Here's full list of changes for this release:
- Support XBMC 12.0 Frodo release.
Follow @codemuse for updates.
- Show TV show banners or posters in list of TV shows.
- Fast-forward and rewind by holding next and previous buttons.
- Up, down, right and left buttons now repeat on tap and hold.
- Movie library browsing support!
- Support for Retina display on iPad.
- Support upcoming Eden protocol version 4 (introduced since Eden RC1).
- Implemented full support for Eden beta releases and pre-Eden nightly builds.
- Fixed crashes (in TV shows library browser) with "Specials" season and episodes without episode number or title.
- TV show library browsing support!
- Support for nightlies with JSON-RPC changes made on September 5.
- If there are less than 30 artists or TV shows, the section headers and section indices will be hidden.
- Preliminary support for XBMC's nightly builds (upcoming 11.0 Eden), tested with nightly build of August 8, 2011.
This release adds music library browsing, optimized for performance and usability:
- Artist browser including section index.
- Updates from XBMC to the music library are downloaded in the background to a local music library cache, supporting offline music browsing.
- Fixed now playing drawing issue with only an artist and song title (and no album).
- Added username/password settings to connect with XBMC with a username and password.
Click to see more