About & Pics
SPARKvue is a popular data collection, visualization and analysis application for STEM learning. SPARKvue enables wireless data collection and live data sharing with anyone in the world to unleash the learning experience. In addition to collecting data on your own iPhone and iPad, SPARKvue works across Android phones and tablets, Chromebooks, and Mac and Windows computers.
Capture data from the world around you:
● Graph live sensor data from the world around you in real time—pH, temperature, force, carbon dioxide and much more!
● Connect PASCO’s new wireless Bluetooth Smart sensors directly to your iPad or iPhone—just turn on the sensor and connect right in the app. Nothing could be easier!
● Connect any of 80+ PASCO sensors via our Bluetooth interfaces
● Capture images with the integrated cameras and use SPARKvue’s image analysis capabilities
● Collect and display live data using the onboard accelerometer and sound sensors
● Measure and display sensor data in real time
● Display data in a graph, bar graph, analog meter, digits or table
● Build custom displays--mix display types, images, videos, text and assessments (Build feature not available on iPhones due to screen size)
● Analyze data with built-in statistical tools (min, max, mean, standard deviation, count and area)
● Select from 8 different curve fits including linear and quadratic
● Pinch and zoom manipulation of graphs
● Capture and annotate images
● Add videos, photos and GIFs
● Includes 14 preloaded SPARKlab interactive lab activities, plus over 80 more available free online
● Create and export electronic student lab journals
● Integrated with cloud-based file sharing services such as Dropbox and more
● Add assessments including multiple choice, drop down lists, and free text response (not available on iPhones)
● Live data sharing and session sharing across devices--with each student capturing the shared data on their own device for further analysis. Share with the class or even across geographies-in real time.
Designed for science learning:
● Convenient annotation, snapshot and electronic journaling are among the features supporting peer dialogue, classroom presentations, and assessment.
● With SPARKlab interactive lab activities, teachers can blend instructional content, live data collection & analysis, reflection prompts and more, all completely within the SPARKvue environment. Use PASCO free SPARKlabs or build your own!
Common user experience across platforms:
SPARKvue is a member of PASCO’s SPARKscience family, providing the same user experience across all technology environments:
● interactive whiteboards
No matter what the mix of technology is in the classroom or the school, teachers and students all share the same user experience--placing the learning experience in the forefront and simplifying classroom management.
Where do I get sensors?
PASCO offers over 80 sensors to measure almost anything in the world around you in life, earth and physical sciences plus out in the field exploring the environment. See our newest wireless sensors to measure Temperature, pH, Pressure and Force/Acceleration—all with no need for an expensive interface or wires. Just turn them on and collect data! For purchasing information, see http://pasco.com/sparkvue
SPARKvue supports 28 languages. See http://pasco.com/sparkvue for details.
SPARKvue has an integrated help system, just a touch away with the help icon. Further assistance with SPARKvue or any PASCO product is available free from PASCO Teacher Support.
About PASCO Scientific:
PASCO Scientific brings a rich history of innovation and support for science education, with over 50 years of service to educators around the world.
Releasing new versions every 4 months, on average.
Important Changes in SPARKvue 4.1.0
Change the sign of a sensor.
Manage experiment files directly through SPARKvue on Android and iOS using Manage Files.
Export data and images to the local file system of an Android device.
The Wireless 3-Axis Magnetic Field Sensor now supports user calibration.
The Wireless Rotary Motion Sensor now supports remote data logging.
Support for the new Wireless Optical Dissolved Oxygen Sensor, Wireless Smart Gate Sensor, Wireless Acceleration/Altimeter Sensor, and Wireless Oxygen Sensor.
Important Changes in SPARKvue 4.0.0
Important Changes in SPARKvue 4.0.0
- Support for the new Wireless Colorimeter including new Bar Meter Display
New Graph Display and Tools in 3.0!
New Graph Display and Tools!
Wireless device synchronization
•Fixed iPhone dialog layout issue
New features for 2.6.0
SPARKvue improvements with this version:
SPARKvue 2.5 brings new functionality to support an even broader range of high-speed and long-term experiments! New features include:
● Independent Sampling Rates
Enables connection to PASCO’s new range of wireless Bluetooth Smart sensors, including temperature, pH, Pressure, and Force-Acceleration, plus our all new AirLink for connecting any existing sensors via Bluetooth.
New streamlined user experience to get to data collection more quickly, including amazingly simple in-app pairing of wireless sensors.
Additional improvements and fixes, including improved Y-axis Lock and addition of Time of Flight support.
Now supports iOS 9
Time of Flight, Free Fall, and Collision added as timing modes for the Smart Gate (PS-2180)
- support for the new 550 Universal Interface
- Added support for the new PASPORT Acceleration/Altimeter Sensor (PS-2136A)
• Supports PASCO scientific’s newest sensors the Polarimeter and Smart Gate
Major update for iPhones to bring more enhanced SPARKvue functionality to both iPads and iPhones.
• Added support for Advanced Water Quality sensor
This version includes the following:
• Instructions screen
Bug fixes related to the Duration dialog in the Experiment Setup screen, and data collection on iOS 5.
Minor bug fixes.
• Multiple measurements: All measurements and units for a connected PASPORT sensor are recorded simultaneously and displays allow user to switch between measurements.
•iPad support: SPARKvue is now optimized for use on the iPad, including both landscape and portrait modes, and larger, higher resolution data displays.
|Previous 3 versions|