The #1 Free German English Translator & Dictionary for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation ◇ iPad Enhancements ◇ Apple Watch Support
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
"AWESOME!! I absolutely love this app. I am a second year german student and would be lost without it."
“Wow! Perfect for learning the language and super easy to use!”
“Great app! I use it almost everyday and it provides trustworthy translations.”
“Just what I wanted. Even works offline, which is a big bonus. My other apps don't.”
“Great English German Dictionary & Free. Has good 2-way dictionary for beginner and you can add your own comments to words.”
German Translator Dictionary + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. German Dictionary & Translator + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download German Translator Dictionary + now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 647,000 entries (premium), over 402,000 for free.
- Sentence Translator with Favorites and offline viewing (requires internet).
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,648 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
- iPad enhancements including split screen with drag & drop.
- Apple Watch support including voice lookup.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Releasing new versions every 7 months, on average.
Added thousands of words and examples to the dictionary.
Fixed Restore Purchases for premium subscription users.
Eliminated encoding problems with special characters.
Implemented gender abbreviations (m, f, n) for nouns in the dictionary lookup list.
Added gender (masculine, feminine, neuter) to dictionary headword screens.
Implemented 3 easter eggs in the dictionary. Hints below.
Improvements to Apple Watch version.
Enhancements to screen layouts and help text.
If you have issues with this version, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
Version 7.0 (12)
- Added 5,457 dictionary headwords and thousands of translation entries.
Resubmitting subscription IAP for Apple review team
- Added Translator feature to translate complete sentences. Please note; the Quiz feature moved to More… menu lower right.
If you like free updates, please take a minute to review our app!
- Added online images to dictionary. If image is available, an icon will appear. Tap icon to display image (requires wifi).
- Fixed issue of navigating from dictionary to conjugations for German verbs such as werfen and werben.
- Supports iPhone 5 & iOS 6.
- Added noun gender to dictionary key words in addition to translation pages.
- Added noun gender to dictionary key words in addition to being displayed in translations.
- Added text-to-speech German & English audio to dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations (requires internet).
Text-to-Speech (requires internet connection)
- Added conjugations for 192 of the most commonly used verbs in German and English including all major moods; Indicative, Subjunctive, Conditional and tenses; Present, Past, Future, Perfect, Pluperfect, Future Perfect, Imperfect.
This version is ad-supported and includes the following enhancements.
Fixed bug in dictionary lookup feature.
Click to see more