About & Pics
The #1 Free German English Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad & iPod touch ◇ Offline Dictionary with Comprehensive Entries ◇ Sentence Translator ◇ Phrasebook ◇ Verb Conjugator ◇ Vocabulary Quizzes ◇ Flashcards ◇ Offline Audio Pronunciation
Selected by Apple as "What's Hot" in over 40 countries.
“This app packs an undeniable allure for travelers.” - iPhone App Review
"AWESOME!! I absolutely love this app. I am a second year german student and would be lost without it."
“Wow! Perfect for learning the language and super easy to use!”
“Great app! I use it almost everyday and it provides trustworthy translations.”
“Just what I wanted. Even works offline, which is a big bonus. My other apps don't.”
“Great English German Dictionary & Free. Has good 2-way dictionary for beginner and you can add your own comments to words.”
German Dictionary & Translator + by VidaLingua transforms your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into an advanced language assistant, always ready to help. German Dictionary & Translator + includes features you won’t find anywhere else such as adding notes, audio clips and images to dictionary entries. An in-app purchases extends the dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugator making VidaLingua the most comprehensive German Dictionary & Translator for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Download German Dictionary & Translator + now and start learning German or English today!
- German English Dictionary with over 647,000 entries (premium), over 402,000 for free.
- Voice search for Dictionary, Phrasebook and Verb Conjugator.
- Includes translations, usage examples, parts-of-speech and gender of German nouns.
- Compiled and updated by professional linguists.
- Sentence Translator with Favorites and offline viewing.
- Online images for thousands of dictionary entries, tap icon to display.
- Phrasebook with 20 categories such as Conversation, Asking Directions and Making Friends. Over twice as many sentences with Premium.
- Conjugations of 6,648 verbs. More tenses and moods with Premium.
- Multiple-choice vocabulary quizzes.
- Offline, text-to-speech pronunciation in German & English.
- Audio settings for speed and accent (US, UK, Australia, South Africa, Ireland).
- Single index search for fast lookups in German or English.
- Reverse lookup of words found in translations.
- Online lookup of additional information with IAP.
- Lookup History.
- Add your own phrases to the phrasebook.
- Email dictionary entries to friends.
- Numerous enhancements for iPads.
- Add notes and images to dictionary entries.
- Record yourself saying a word and compare it with in-app pronunciation.
• 1-year subscription includes extended dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of Service
Language is living! Only VidaLingua allows you to add notes, images, phrases and audio to create an engaging travel companion.
Comments & questions are welcome.
VidaLingua, bringing language apps to life! ©
VidaLingua is an Ascendo brand.
Releasing new versions every 6 months, on average.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
- Added thousands of headwords to the Dictionary.
Version 7.0 (12)
- Added 5,457 dictionary headwords and thousands of translation entries.
Resubmitting subscription IAP for Apple review team
- Added Translator feature to translate complete sentences. Please note; the Quiz feature moved to More… menu lower right.
If you like free updates, please take a minute to review our app!
- Added online images to dictionary. If image is available, an icon will appear. Tap icon to display image (requires wifi).
- Fixed issue of navigating from dictionary to conjugations for German verbs such as werfen and werben.
- Supports iPhone 5 & iOS 6.
- Added noun gender to dictionary key words in addition to translation pages.
- Added noun gender to dictionary key words in addition to being displayed in translations.
- Added text-to-speech German & English audio to dictionary, phrasebook and verb conjugations (requires internet).
Text-to-Speech (requires internet connection)
- Added conjugations for 192 of the most commonly used verbs in German and English including all major moods; Indicative, Subjunctive, Conditional and tenses; Present, Past, Future, Perfect, Pluperfect, Future Perfect, Imperfect.
This version is ad-supported and includes the following enhancements.
Fixed bug in dictionary lookup feature.
|Previous 3 versions|