About & Pics
The “Daijisen Japanese-Japanese Dictionary” (Latest Edition, 2012), a popular Japanese dictionary, is now available as an application for iPhone and iPad. The Daijisen dictionary is a perfect tool for studying the Japanese language, as it makes it possible to quickly, efficiently, and stresslessly search for many Japanese terms, include the latest buzzwords and new words. The dictionary has 257,000 entries, derived terms, and phrases.
[Easy-to-Read and Convenient Display and Search Function]
- The functions and display were designed with a simple and easy-to-read design, to make for rapid searching, allowing the user to immediately find the meaning and translations of terms.
- Forward searching is used to allow incremental searches of results. Includes horizontal tiling of the screen. Text can be displayed in three sizes, using pinching.
- Includes bookmark and resume functions.
- For search, Romanization cannot be used. Searches must be in hiragana, katakana or kanji. Searches can be performed without distinctions between unvoiced, voiced and semi-voiced consonants (for example, ta/da and ha/ba/pa), contracted sounds (kiyo/kyo), and geminated consonants (baku/bakku).
- Includes data of location for several terms, linked to Map application, and point the location.
Releasing new versions every 3 months, on average.
- Fixed the problem of image tab
- Changed color of the status bar
- Fixed crash problem when it displays index screen.
Dictionary data updated.
Ver16.0 - Updated dictionary data (+2500 words).
Dictionary data was updated. By this update, the number of items became 264,800 words (+2,800) and the number of color images became 11,880 (+80), and the number of words with map display links became 11,700 words (+700 words).
- Added 2,500 new words, total 262,500 words !!
-Adding 2,600 words, such as the newest current-events term, the total number of items became 260,000 words.
What's New in Ver12.1?
The compatibility for iOS6 was improved.
When it started from other applications, the fault as which the button which returns to a starting agency is not displayed was corrected.
[for iPhone/iPod touch]
- The "purchase history check" button was added to the store screen.
In this release:
We have newly added 2,000 items, updated 10,000 items, and the number of total items reached over 250,000!! And also, added 1,000 location data, 650 visual images.
We have fixed the inter-App search function program.
-User interface for iPad have beautifully changed!
-And many other new features.
It was corrected that hand-written handwriting roughened on iPhone4.
New features included in version 6.0
It corresponded to iPad ! It is possible to use it comfortably when starting up with iPad by the best interface that makes the best use of a wide screen.
The function to fix the screen for length was added.
|Previous 3 versions|