About & Pics
Don’t wait for your next Flight Review or IPC to get current - keep your flying skills sharp and stay up to date on the latest aviation trends with Sporty's all-new Takeoff app.
This fun and easy-to-use app delivers fresh aviation content to your iPad or iPhone every day, and allows you to customize topics to match your preferences.
Get notified when new content is available, based on your flying skills and preferences; it's perfect for new student pilots and experienced IFR pros alike.
Articles and videos are just the right length for on-the-go pilots, so you can get your aviation fix wherever you are.
* Engaging video tips for pilots of all levels
* Fun and educational articles by active pilots
* Popular aviation podcasts
* Breaking aviation news and opinion
* Stunning photos and downloadable wallpaper
* Interactive quizzes
More than just a way to organize content, Takeoff offers a curated selection of aviation videos, articles and pictures for the active pilot. You'll learn from some of the best aviators and flight instructors in the world.
* Jason Miller from The Finer Points of Flying shares exclusive tips for safer flying
* Meteorologist Scott Dimmich goes beyond the basics in Weather Geek segments
* Patrick Carter has also been a Cessna factory test pilot and is currently an Alaska bush pilot and provides insight to Takeoff users from all those perspectives in his captivating videos.
* Matt Guthmiller is the youngest pilot to fly around the world solo and shares exclusive video tips on flying technique.
* Rob Reider offers dozens of flight training tips, from steep turns to crosswind landings
* Steve Thorne, aka Flight Chops, is likely the most popular YouTube pilot right now. He flies interesting airplanes and shares the lessons learned on his VLOG (video blog) which we will share on the Takeoff app.
* Exclusive flight training articles from Sporty's team of flight instructors
* Legendary perspective from former Flying editor Richard Collins
* ATP Amy Laboda writes articles on the pain and pleasure of aircraft ownership.
* Real world tricks and emerging trends from Air Facts editor John Zimmerman
* iPad insight and shortcuts from iPad Pilot News editor Bret Koebbe
* Former FLYING editor and EAA columnist Mac McClellan shares his practical tips on cross-country flying.
* Free video tips from the AOPA Air Safety Institute
* YouTube stars share the fun side of flying
Takeoff is the ultimate experience:
- exclusive content only available for Takeoff users
- original feature articles
- exclusive in-depth pilot training and proficiency videos
- ad-free environment
- learn from aviation's top experts
Releasing new versions every about 2 months, on average.
Improved quiz controls.
- This release includes an update to the Takeoff app's security so that you'll no longer need to log in each time you open the app to access features that require a user account
- Fixed the iOS widget for iOS 11
-support for iPhone X
Minor bug fixes
We've significantly expanded the variety of aviation articles, videos, news and quizzes in Takeoff with the addition of 5 new contributors:
- Matt Guthmiller is the youngest pilot to fly around the world solo and shares exclusive video tips on flying technique.
These five pilots join Takeoff’s existing list of contributors: Air Facts Editor Emeritus Richard Collins, Jason Miller from The Finer Points of Flying, Scott Dimmich, an on-air meteorologist and Takeoff’s weather expert, and the Sporty’s team of Bret Koebbe, Eric Radtke, and John Zimmerman.
Improved stability and performance
- Added 3D Touch: instantly access the content you want directly by using the force touch function on the Takeoff home screen icon (iPhone 6S or newer)
-Minor bug fixes and compatibility updates
- improved how external links are opened in Safari from article and video posts
Bug fixes and performance updates
- Minor bug fixes and user interface improvements
- Quizzes! Test your aviation knowledge with the new Takeoff interactive quizzes
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and tweaks to make the user experience faster and more enjoyable.
- Addresses a bug related to content published in different time zones
|Previous 3 versions|