About & Pics
"A great way to give parents a break and let your kid have fun and learn to read at the same time." - Jen, Kindergarten teacher and mom of three.
I have a confession to make. My son's loves playing video game and I was getting increasingly frustrated with having my son waste a lot of time on fun but mindless games while he was still struggling to master his sight words and learning to read.
So I decided to create my very own Sight Words word search game to “trick” my child into playing a game where he would actually be learning how to read. Fortunately, the “trick” appears to have worked because my son enjoys playing Sight Words Word Search far more than most other rogue learning games.
My sons skills in recognizing Sight Words have dramatically improved since he started playing this game and now I no longer have to feel guilty when I need a five minute break to take care of the laundry or prepare lunch for the kids. I know that they are having fun and that they are learning at the same time.
Warning: Your child will keep begging for your iPhone or iPad after they try this app.
Sight Words Word Search is a simple educational game that helps kids rapidly learn sight words by sight, sound, and touch.
The interface is so easy to use that even a two year old toddler will delight in using this app.
• Swipe your way through all sights words from preschool to grade 3
• You decide what to focus on - turn individual categories ON or OFF from the settings page
• Learn by sight, sound, and touch
• Fun game play, sounds, and animations keep kids engaged
• Dynamic game play adjusts difficulty (the number of sight words) automatically based on player skills to keep kids both challenged and entertained vs. getting bored
• The game is fully customizable
The settings options include
• Min. Words: Specify the min. number of sight words to display.
• Max. Words: Specify the max. number of sight words to display.
• Tile Magnet: . For advanced players, you can turn the tile magnet OFF. Turning the tile magnet off means that the tiles will no longer automatically snap into the correct answer tile. The user now has to release a tile above the correct answer.
• Audio Hints: Play the audio of the target word.
• Visual Hints: Highlight the first letter of the target word after 5 seconds of inaction.
• Directions: Specify in which direction target words are allowed to appear including horizontal, vertical, diagonal and whether to allow words to be spelled backwards or just forwards.
• Per round: Include between 1 and 20 items per round or all items.
• Rounds: Go between 1 and 10 rounds or set it to continuous to keep playing without ever being interrupted by a scorecard.
• A to Z: Bits will appear in alphabetical order
• Random: Bits will appear in random order
• As entered: Bits will appear in the order you set them
• Automatic: The game will automatically advance to the next screen after each correct answer.
• Manual: The user has to click on the next button after each correct answer. Manual is a great option if you want to review what someone did before proceeding with the next question.
• Want to work on just a few Sight Words? No problem… head to the settings page to turn entire categories or individual Sight Words on and off
• Want to record your own audios? No problem. Just click on the board and record your own Sight Words sounds
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com