About & Pics
Do you get distracted easily? Do you find yourself procrastinating on your phone when you should be looking at your books? StudyBreak helps you overcome both these problems!
StudyBreak exists to help you improve your studying by cutting out distractions. It's simple: you choose the studyBreak ratio you want, start the timer and put your phone down. If you pick up your phone before your study period is over, you get an alert telling you to get back to work. When you've studied the set amount of time, you get an alert letting you know it's time to take a break. That means it's also great for those who study too long and forget to take breaks at regular intervals.
StudyBreak automatically tracks your study-break intervals so you don't have to. Maybe you want to work for longer than the set time? Or cut one of your breaks short? Just hit the timer button and StudyBreak will tally the extra break time so you can take a longer break later.
Extra features include:
- Background Mode. App works just as well in the background, so all you have to think about is getting work done.
- Today Widget. Start or stop study sessions right from your lock screen.
- Apple Watch App. If you have an Apple Watch, the Watch app is a great companion because it means you can use the app and only touch your phone when you're on a break.
- Stats page to keep track of how efficiently you study and how many hours you study daily
- Colourful timers indicating how efficient your study time is. Green if you meet your goals & red if you don't.
- Reminders. Set alarms to remind you when to start studying or to let you know if you won't complete your study goals for the day by a given time.
- Export data. Export your data as a csv file so you can graph it or statistically analyse it, in order to get the best out of your study time
Go on, allow studyBreak to help you stay focused and better achieve your study goals!
**Please note that this app contains In App Purchases, including three auto-renewing subscriptions of various lengths; monthly (£0.49), quarterly (£0.99) and annual (£1.49). Each subscription offers the following features for its entire duration:
- Unlimited notifications
- Study reminders
- Full access to all statistics
As with all auto-renewing subscriptions, subscription will continue to automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Payment is charged to iTunes Account at the confirmation of purchase and charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
Additionally, there is a one off purchase option that provides unlimited access to all the above features indefinitely. Also note that any purchase will remove ads indefinitely, even if it is a subscription that consequently expires.
Releasing new versions every about 1 month, on average.
Hotfix: This update fixes the issue that was causing the Watch app to crash on launch.
To celebrate the new year and to get you into the right habits with your studies, all premium features are now available to everyone for the months of January and February (you're welcome ;) ). Aside from that this version includes:
- Bug fixes
This version fixes for a crash that was occurring for some users on the Apple Watch.
- This version fixes a crash users have been experiencing on iPad when opening the settings menu.
Whoa, it's been a long time! My apologies for the delay in getting this update out, but better late than never right? For this update, I've fixed some bugs, added some features requested by users and improved the general performance of the app. I've also optimised the app for the new iPhones and iOS 11, and removed ads for ALL users. As always, this app is made possible by your continued usage and support. I made this app to help students, and that's where my focus will always be. If you have any feature requests, ideas or comments for improvement, please don't hesitate to contact me via the app or here in the reviews section on the App Store. I hope you enjoy the update!
- Optimised for iOS 11 iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X
- Bug fixes
- You can now add your own subject names
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes
- Bug fixes & performance improvements.
- More accurate motion detection. I've put a new algorithm into the app to determine when you pick up your device. You should get much fewer false notifications.
Many thanks to those who have reviewed the app, especially those with suggestions for improvement. I'm continuously improving the app, and your comments are invaluable in helping me determine where to direct my energies. More customisation will be coming in later updates!
You already know...bug fixes and performance improvements! Not very exciting, but it has to be done. If you've enjoyed using this app, if it's helped you in any way, or if you have ideas of how it could be improved, please rate it here in the App Store.
- Streak - keep track of how many consecutive days you have met or exceeded your goals.
- WatchOS3 Support
If you like StudyBreak, please rate and/or review it to support continued development.
Get ready to be impressed . The app has been overhauled from the bottom up. Pretty much everything has been improved, from how the app runs and collects data to the implementation of several new features. Welcome to StudyBreak 3.
Today Widget – the app features a brand spanking new iOS 10 Today Widget. From the widget you can quickly start or stop a StudyBreak period or simply view your progress for not just today, but for the past week also.
Hey Siri! – you can now ask Siri to start StudyBreak periods for you, so you don’t even need to pick up your phone.
iPad Support – StudyBreak is now also optimised for the iPad.
Subjects – You can choose which subject you are currently working on, which leads on to the next point…
Redesigned Statistics – the statistics page has been completely redesigned and revamped in order to really help you make the most of your study habits. From beautiful bar charts to comprehensive details on how much you’ve studied and what, you can really use the app to help you improve your study patterns.
Auto-Start Break – there is now the option to start breaks automatically in order to save you as much time as possible.
Study Goals for Individual Days – you can specify a different amount of hours for different days of the week, and this will be reflected when calculating your progress.
Other improvements – bug fixes, performance improvements, new app design and logo, and iOS 10 support.
tl;dr – Today Widget, Siri Support, iOS 10 Support, iPad Support, Redesigned Statistics Page, New Logo & App Design, and many other improvements.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements. The main code of the app has been refactored, eliminating several bugs and improving all round stability and performance.
** Premium for All!
- Bug fixes & minor improvements
Your favourite study app just got even better. You suggested it and I listened. Here's what's new in version 1.2:
- Negative break timer - no more cheating yourself of study time! Any extra time spent on breaks gets deducted from the amount of break you earn during the next study period.
- Reminders (A+ feature). Set alarms to remind you when to start studying or to let you know if you won't complete your study goals for the day by a given time.
- Export data (A+ feature). It's now possible to export your data as a csv file so you can graph it or statistically analyse it, in order to get the best out of your study time
- Extra stats (A+ feature). New stats: number of times you picked up your phone (only works if you have the app open while you study), longest study period in a day, longest break period in a day, total hours studied during the previous 7 workdays, average hours studied a day, during the previous 7 workdays.
If this app has helped you at all, please leave a review to let other customers know.
- Fixed broken 'rate app' and 'share' links
|Previous 3 versions|