About & Pics
Timbre is a critically acclaimed app for editing audio and video files. It allows you to cut, join and convert audio or video files. It is completely free.
Timbre allows you to perform many kinds of operations on your audio or video files. Among the most popular are:
• Audio Cutter + Video Cutter: Timbre lets you quickly cut songs or cut videos to your liking. Using the high quality audio/video cutter in Timbre, you can cut songs or cut videos. However, Timbre is not just an mp3 cutter or mp4 cutter, it supports every file format you can imagine (from mp4 to mp3 to avi, flv, mkv and more!).
• Audio Joiner + Video Joiner: Want to join audio files? Or perhaps merge videos? Timbre lets you seamlessly join mp3 songs or join videos together, combining as many files as you like into one.
• Audio Converter + Video Converter: Want to convert a wav to mp3? Or perhaps a flac to m4a? How about an mkv to mp4 or avi? With Timbre, you can quickly convert audio and convert video files to and from many formats including mp3, wav, flac, m4a, aac & wma for audio and mp4, flv, avi, mkv, webm & mpeg for video. (For example: Timbre has a devoted mp3 cutter)
• Video to audio: Want to take out the audio from a video? Timbre includes a high quality mp3 video converter that lets you extract mp3 from videos.
• Video to GIF: Convert videos to GIF animated files easily!
Timbre prides itself on being the most comprehensive audio editor and pro video editor app ever made. The most popular features of Timbre are the mp3 cutter & mp4 cutter. But it does much more than simply cutting mp3 songs or cutting videos, it also has the functionality of ringtone maker and MP3 video converter.
• Audio/Video Splitter: This special function of Timbre's audio editor allows you to quickly split any audio or video file into two parts.
• Audio/Video Omitter: This operations lets you cut out a part from the middle of an audio or video file.
• Audio Bitrate Changer: With Timbre, you can quickly compress your mp3 or m4a files and pick a custom bitrate.
• You can also remove audio from a video or convert a video to audio format.
• Audio/Video speed changer: Want to speed up an mp3 audiobook? Or make a slow mo video? With Timbre, you can change the speed of your audio or video files.
Let Timbre be your Action Director! Using the high quality and fast MP3 cutter (& MP4 cutter too!) that comes with Timbre you can easily and effortlessly edit your songs and videos to your liking! Timbre makes sure the output files are compressed and super small while keeping their quality intact and offering you all the VideoFX you can imagine!
Timbre makes use of the popular FFmpeg library, the industrial standard of audio and video editing. Using FFmpeg codecs allows Timbre to support a wide variety of media types and not only that, the FFmpeg plugin is super fast and high quality. And guess what? There's a raw FFmpeg console built right into the app so that you can edit and fine tune the quality of all your songs and videos!
Finally, Timbre also allows you to convert text to speech! Timbre uses your phone's built in Text to speech engine so that you can type or paste in any text you wish and Timbre will convert it into voiced speech. You can listen to it or you can export it as an audio file! Timbre includes all the audio/video features you can think of!
And guess what? Timbre supports a whole lot more than just mp3 and mp4 cutting and merging! Here's a list of all the supported formats:
Supported audio formats: mp3, wav, flac, m4a, aac, pcm, aiff, ogg, wma, alac, wv
Supported video formats: mp4, avi, flv, mov, webm, mkv, mpeg
Releasing new versions every 28 days, on average.
New feature: You can now add watermarks to videos!
- Fixed Text-To-Speech output error
- Reduced APK size by ~8Mb
- You can now join files of different formats together
- All operations now happen in the background
- When selecting a range, there are now a pair of plus & minus buttons for the start and end positions
- Added a 'Help' screen with frequently asked questions (English only for now)
• + and - buttons added to make it easier to adjust time for cut, split and omit operations.
- Millisecond support added. You can now set time at a precision of 0.1 second
- Brand new video player for vastly more stable video editing operations (The app should now comfortably play and edit any kind of video format your throw at it)
-Timbre is going global! This release adds Portuguese language with many more coming soon. If you'd like to help out with the translation, head over to: http://ackuna.com/translate-/timbre
v2.0.3: Bug fix release
Timbre is now live.
Click to see more